Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Lehman trikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 AM
madmustang4
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Lehman trikes

i did do a search and tried to find the answer,
but with the rising popularity of trikes, why did lehman go out of business. seems like these would have been their best of times?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by madmustang4
i did do a search and tried to find the answer,
but with the rising popularity of trikes, why did lehman go out of business. seems like these would have been their best of times?
Short version of the story is that MoCo hung them out to dry. They have a BUNCH of Ultras sitting around now that they had bought to trike and sell through the MoCo dealer network, and then Harley decided they would do thier own and ended the LONG relationship they had.

Champion has bought them now...

Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 PM
kuahiwi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow..I was unaware of this..I didn't even know that Lehman was out of business..I have a 2003 Fat Boy that was triked out down in Miami..I have searched all over the trike and can't find any indication to confirm the maker of the trike kit, but everyone tells me it is, in fact, a Lehman..

Old 10-08-2012, 05:34 PM
stroker23
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If memory is correct, the November issue of AIM confirms the Champion takeover of Lehman plus other details.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kuahiwi
Wow..I was unaware of this..I didn't even know that Lehman was out of business..I have a 2003 Fat Boy that was triked out down in Miami..I have searched all over the trike and can't find any indication to confirm the maker of the trike kit, but everyone tells me it is, in fact, a Lehman..
No big deal, Champion has them up and going, or will soon...

Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 PM
kuahiwi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A follow up on this thread..I was a bit surprised to read that Lehman had gone out of business..especially given that I am "friends" with Lehman on Facebook and that they have a website..I received the following mesg from Lehman:

"Hi Kevin! We were out of business for a few months from March of this year until June when we were purchased by Champion Investments (they also own Champion Trikes). Since June, we've been phasing operations and as of last month, are back at full production which is wonderful! Let us know if you need any help with the accessories! Also, if you check the "News" section of our website, there are a few press releases that explain the situation with us being out of business for awhile."

http://www.lehmantrikes.com/default.aspx

So there you have it..