Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Legacy motorcycle trailer

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Brighteyes4406
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legacy motorcycle trailer

Anybody have experience with the legacy trailer from 1motorcycletrailers.com??

Old 04-16-2013, 12:54 PM
DANNER55
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They sell chinese knockoff trailers of American made trailers. You need to do the research before buying from them. They also go by & sell on Ebay under Americas Best Trailers. N-line & American Legend trailers are 2 of the companies that they copy. American Legend Trailer Co. made a great trailer, but the knockoff Legecy, I believe helped put them out of business. I have an N Line & American Legend trailer & they are great. I personally would stay away from them as I have read very few good things about their products & customer service.

I know of a top of the line American Legend Trailer that isfor sale in Texas for less than $3000 . PM me & I can put you in touch with him.

There are plenty of threads on this forum & motorcycle trailer towing .com. about their products.

You can also Google both companies.

Remember you get what you pay for!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Brighteyes4406
Intermediate

Thanks for the information. I ended up ordering a new ION from Elkhart Indiana

Old 09-26-2017, 02:16 PM
BBUDDD
Stage II
Angry Do not buy from the usa trailer store

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THE USA TRAILER STORE!!!

A year ago I purchased a Legacy trailer, along with a cover to protect it from the elements when not in use. When the trailer arrived at my home, I unpacked it and put it along side my garage. Three days later it had a flat, and the latch broke, which were replaced when I went to Greenville, SC. on my motorcycle trip from Kenosha, WI. I continued on my 5000 mile trip with a trailer that I could not disconnect for the bike without using a hammer.

The trailer was stored over the winter until I uncovered it a few weeks ago to use the trailer again. The photo shows that the paint had peeled off of the trailer in several areas. MAJOR PAINT FAILURE!

I contacted customer service and after a few email exchanges I was told the it was because of the weather in Wisconsin! No where is it in print, nor was I ever told that this would happen, otherwise I would not have wasted my money on this trailer. Terri in customer service refused to discuss any sort of resolution to this issue, and is extremely unprofessional. I will be contacting the State Attorney General!

So what I thought was a premier trailer is nothing more than a rolling piece of junk. It'll cost me almost the price of the trailer to have that paint stripped, sanded, and repainted.

Attached Thumbnails Legacy motorcycle trailer-img_3347.jpg  
Old 09-30-2017, 10:07 PM
Bubba's Bagger
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sue them in small claims court in Wisconsin.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:14 AM
BBUDDD
Stage II

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I would have to retain an attorney in their county so they could appear in court. Cost prohibitive.