Harley-Davidson Street 500 and 750

To the Lady Street Riders out there...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Cruzin750
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice picture Ycbrewster! And I'm excited for you Music City! I saw a blue one at the HD dealership a couple weeks ago, it's beautiful. And the 2016 model is supposed to be better than the 2015, especially the rear brake. Mine isn't that great but getting used to it. Also they made some other improvements, so you'll be getting a better bike. (I got a great deal on a used one.) Just went for a ride today after the weather cleared up a little bit here in California

Old 12-02-2015, 09:07 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

I so wish Harley had come out with this a few years ago. I was ready to move up from my Rebel after a season and ended up with a used Suzuki Savage 650 - great bike. But - if the Street had been available I would have jumped on the 750 in a heartbeat. Someday I may get one any way. Finally Harley realized many people don't want to be riding 6 and 7 hundred pound bikes when they are starting out.

Yes, come join us in the Queens forum!

The following users liked this post:
Missexeccph (12-26-2016)
Old 12-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Music city blue
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ladies
Just catching up with the forum after a short vacation. Well my bike is here and I got my first ride in today. Wow! A lot more bike than my Rebel but all worked out well after I got more used to the throttle. It is light enough to duck walk around my garage but it does have more power than even my 863 cc Triumph. It shifts wonderfully well and braking is good. I'm hoping the weather forecast for Nashville stays true and I can ride every day this week. Being very cautious till Big Blue and I get used to each other. Hoping you are all enjoying your bikes!

Old 12-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by traffic jam
I so wish Harley had come out with this a few years ago. I was ready to move up from my Rebel after a season and ended up with a used Suzuki Savage 650 - great bike. But - if the Street had been available I would have jumped on the 750 in a heartbeat. Someday I may get one any way. Finally Harley realized many people don't want to be riding 6 and 7 hundred pound bikes when they are starting out.

Yes, come join us in the Queens forum!
How did you like the Savage 650? I seriously considered this one. Ideal bike for the vertically challenged.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:08 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Ycbrewster
Yesterday I took my first highway outing! So happy with this choice!

get some gloves on those mitts, young lady. it only takes on fall to ruin your paws. your hands go out in front of you instinctively.

i'll donate apair if needed.... in the xmas spirit.

Last edited by cvaria; 12-10-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cruzin750
Yours is quite a nice picture, as well. I so wanted the 2015 red, but my dealer only had it in the 500. I love your seat. It looks great.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cvaria
get some gloves on those mitts, young lady. it only takes on fall to ruin your paws. your hands go out in front of you instinctively.

i'll donate apair if needed.... in the xmas spirit.

I'm not good with the gloves, I have to admit...I do have a pair, but couldn't find them this week. A friend didn't like what I had anyway, he insisted I try to find a better quality pair. I guess that's next on my list.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:11 PM
enodrano
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A male perspective:

One correction from the original post. The 500 and 750 Street models were not aimed a 20 something males, they were created so Harley could break into the Asian markets. Many Asian countries are overpopulated, have high fuel prices and congested traffic. Small fuel efficient motorcycles have been commonplace in those area's for many years. Motorcycles often outnumber automobiles. Harley is just a little late getting into the game.

Yes, females are generally smaller than males, but that's not always the case. Several years ago Harley lowered the seat height of all their models because shorter folks, both men and women, were asking for more choices than just the Sportster line of motorcycles. They also came out with some reduced reach accesories. I know several female riders and they own Sporters, Road Kings, Street Glides and Ultras.

With that said, my barely 5 foot tall girlfriend rode a Sportster SuperLow for a short period of time and did not like it at all. She just wasn't comfortable. She sold it to a guy who was about 5'2" tall and he loves it. She recently went back to school and does not have the cash for a motorcycle right now, but she has test driven 500 Street at our local dealer and I believe she will eventually buy one.

My personal opinion for when buying a motorcycle:

Do not make a purchase based on how intimidated you are. That intimidation will go away after a couple of weeks of regular riding and many people find themselves wanting a little more power right away but are stuck with the bike they bought.

Don't make your decision solely on the price. Yes the Street and Sportsters are less expensive, but just like my statement above, don't get stuck with a bike you're not happy with.

Don't think you are restricted to the smaller bikes.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:26 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by enodrano
A male perspective:

One correction from the original post. The 500 and 750 Street models were not aimed a 20 something males, they were created so Harley could break into the Asian markets. Many Asian countries are overpopulated, have high fuel prices and congested traffic. Small fuel efficient motorcycles have been commonplace in those area's for many years. Motorcycles often outnumber automobiles. Harley is just a little late getting into the game.

Yes, females are generally smaller than males, but that's not always the case. Several years ago Harley lowered the seat height of all their models because shorter folks, both men and women, were asking for more choices than just the Sportster line of motorcycles. They also came out with some reduced reach accesories. I know several female riders and they own Sporters, Road Kings, Street Glides and Ultras.

With that said, my barely 5 foot tall girlfriend rode a Sportster SuperLow for a short period of time and did not like it at all. She just wasn't comfortable. She sold it to a guy who was about 5'2" tall and he loves it. She recently went back to school and does not have the cash for a motorcycle right now, but she has test driven 500 Street at our local dealer and I believe she will eventually buy one.

My personal opinion for when buying a motorcycle:

Do not make a purchase based on how intimidated you are. That intimidation will go away after a couple of weeks of regular riding and many people find themselves wanting a little more power right away but are stuck with the bike they bought.

Don't make your decision solely on the price. Yes the Street and Sportsters are less expensive, but just like my statement above, don't get stuck with a bike you're not happy with.

Don't think you are restricted to the smaller bikes.
power smower. i have a 103 wide glide and a 1200. the 1200 is a helluva lot more fun to ride. big bikes are heavy clumsy things that you cruise on, not ride. you can ride a street and sporty. the street bob and fat bob are close, but no sportys.

i got my 1200 as an 883 then up'd it to 1200. bought the dyna because i was bored. i love my sporty way more. the torque and brute power of the 103 is cool but it is just not as fun. on ego would make someone think a big bike is better. they just aren't softails handle like trucks, geezer glides are geezer glides.

ease off these folks and let them be.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Irie1
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree. This bike is fun to ride!

Quick Reply: To the Lady Street Riders out there...