Harley-Davidson Street 500 and 750

Street XG500 windshield

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 10:49 AM
Rebeckie6
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street XG500 windshield

have any of you purchased an after market windshield? I'm looking for a good looking one. would LOVE to see pics of yours!! Also looking a side bag options preferably NOT the expensive HD ones!!! AND I purchased the back seat already so I need to find a good BAG that will attach to the seat and rack! Thanks Y'all!!!

The following users liked this post:
Missexeccph (12-10-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 12:42 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebeckie6
have any of you purchased an after market windshield? I'm looking for a good looking one. would LOVE to see pics of yours!! Also looking a side bag options preferably NOT the expensive HD ones!!! AND I purchased the back seat already so I need to find a good BAG that will attach to the seat and rack! Thanks Y'all!!!
Sorry, I have no idea what my computer did here.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:43 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

My windshield is HD. My bags are Sedici from Cycle Gear. I ordered Easy Brackets from Cruisercustomizing.com. I highly recommend the Easy Brackets, then it's your choice of any bag that can fit your bike.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/harle...rear-bags.html

Old 04-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Had my first ride where the wind really did bother me. I could manage under 70, but unfortunately, the group I was riding with was riding faster than 70. Too soon for me to want to consider a bigger bike. But I would love suggestions on how to make my bike a more comfortable bike. I've seen on their site that Memphis Shades offers a fairing, but they offer no picture/view of it. What else could I do to make the Street a more comfortable and manageable ride?

Old 04-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Rebeckie6
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a really cool MUSTANG TOURING seat on eBay for $341. I'm going to get one eventually!!!

Old 04-13-2016, 04:44 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

I've been putting off doing the seat upgrade. Usually the seat does not bother me, but this past weekend's ride also challenged me there. After about 300 miles, I was starting to really feel it in the seat. A friend is trying to convince me the seat will become more comfortable after it breaks in. But I'm at 3500 plus miles already. Not sure how much breaking in time it needs.

Last edited by Ycbrewster; 04-13-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:49 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Well, if I bit the bullet and got a batwing style fairing, I guess I wouldn't need the windshield anymore. I also have an extra bag like the one in my profile pic. I had two prior to even buying this bike, but two don't really fit this bike. It's a bit larger than necessary, but I wanted the large one to be able to fit my full face helmet. I guess I'm turning into one of those people who is constantly looking to change their bike and accessorize up...what do they call those people??? Oh yeah, bikers!

Last edited by Ycbrewster; 04-13-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:28 PM
Memphis Shades
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ycbrewster
Had my first ride where the wind really did bother me. I could manage under 70, but unfortunately, the group I was riding with was riding faster than 70. Too soon for me to want to consider a bigger bike. But I would love suggestions on how to make my bike a more comfortable bike. I've seen on their site that Memphis Shades offers a fairing, but they offer no picture/view of it. What else could I do to make the Street a more comfortable and manageable ride?
Here is a shot of our Batwing Fairing on a Street 750, you would need to relocate your front turn signals - we do have a kit for the relocation.

Missexeccph (11-26-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 04:42 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

You're killing me Memphis Shades. That's freaking awesome!

Missexeccph (11-26-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 09:07 AM
kingkupal1
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you want to sell me the stock speed screen?

Quick Reply: Street XG500 windshield