HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Third member to carry the Mascot

Old 10-20-2014, 01:34 PM
rgerber
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Third member to carry the Mascot

It seems like only yesterday that Mac, then a Marine Corps Helicopter pilot stationed in Yuma, loaded up the Mascot and met a rider from "Preskitt" AZ who then brought it to me here in "Preskitt". We took it to the Laughlin River Run and handed it off to a member that rode in from New Mexico. Seems like those were the early days for this group with Mac and Springer running herd on us.

Remembering "SheWolf" who lost her husband to a left turner at a previous River Run the years before.

Forum Memories from a cranky old man! Hi Springer! Remember me??

Reverend Dickie

Old 10-20-2014, 02:23 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Nice to meet you in here, Sir!

Last year I started to collect and document the info on the Mascot's travels.

I hope this document will help you to bring back good memories.....

2005 Mascot trails.xls

Ride safe,
René

Old 10-20-2014, 02:26 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Unfortunately a lot of the images got lost due to a database crash. In case you still have them available, please let me know!

Old 11-27-2014, 06:48 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by rgerber
It seems like only yesterday that Mac, then a Marine Corps Helicopter pilot stationed in Yuma, loaded up the Mascot and met a rider from "Preskitt" AZ who then brought it to me here in "Preskitt". We took it to the Laughlin River Run and handed it off to a member that rode in from New Mexico. Seems like those were the early days for this group with Mac and Springer running herd on us.

Remembering "SheWolf" who lost her husband to a left turner at a previous River Run the years before.

Forum Memories from a cranky old man! Hi Springer! Remember me??

Reverend Dickie
Oh yes, I remember you my friend. I still remember the early days too, thinking about them brings back some great memories and a few not so great. Take care my friend, maybe someday, after all these years, we'll get to meet.

p.s. you're one of the very few active members that have been here longer than I have, hard to believe it is 10 years ago for you and almost 10 for me too, time sure goes by fast.

Last edited by SPRINGER; 11-27-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:10 AM
UltraTech
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
Oh yes, I remember you my friend. I still remember the early days too, thinking about them brings back some great memories and a few not so great. Take care my friend, maybe someday, after all these years, we'll get to meet.

p.s. you're one of the very few active members that have been here longer than I have, hard to believe it is 10 years ago for you and almost 10 for me too, time sure goes by fast.

time sure does fly. i think my alter ego which was no longer welcome here was a member before both of ya's, think maybe late '04 or early '05. my member number in the PGR is in the low 100's as well.

strayed away for a bit due to alot of the drama here and been here lurking eversince. figured its time to shed the cacoon