HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

The First Voyage of The Mascott

Old 07-09-2015, 11:59 AM
rgerber
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The First Voyage of The Mascott

Mac, a Marine Corps Captain, brought the Mascot from Yuma and met a member who's name escapes me now in somewhere in AZ that also escapes me. He brought it to "Preskitt" for the handoff and then I carried it to the 2005 Laughlin Rally and gave it to a retired LEO from New Mexico (yep forgot his name too). Those were the early days of this forum. The days of Springer, SheWolf and that really pretty thing...what ever her name was...AH Heather! What a sweetie!

Attached Thumbnails The First Voyage of The Mascott-flag-001.gif   The First Voyage of The Mascott-laughlin-012.gif  
Old 07-09-2015, 01:54 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Yup, you are right. Those pics bring back some memories of the early years here, we sure had a lot of fun back then didn't we. Once in awhile I still talk to and also visit SheWolf. Who knows, maybe someday I'll make it down your way for a visit. Thanks for the memories, my friend.

The following users liked this post:
rgerber (08-08-2016)
Old 07-10-2015, 10:57 AM
rgerber
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And to you old friend. A lot has changed around here over the years. I still check in from time to time. Say, didn't we all come to the aid of Heather when she was having some difficulties some time back. What a sweet heart she was. As for SheWolf, I always think of her when I motor past the spot where Gary was killed all those years ago...

Dickie

Last edited by rgerber; 07-14-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:54 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rgerber
And to you old friend. A lot has changed around here over the years. I still check in from time to time. Say, didn't we all come to the aid of Heather when she was having some difficulties some time back. What a sweet heart she was. As for SheWolf, I always think of her when e motor past the spot where Gary was killed all those years ago...

Dickie
Yes, you are right, we did help Heather when she needed it.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:45 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember getting the Mascot from a member called "Ape King" at Clayton County HD back in 2005? then taking it back to Macon. A week or so later met "Rusty" in Gainesville, Ga for the handoff. Lost track after that, but it made rounds all over the US.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:39 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cool Breeze
I remember getting the Mascot from a member called "Ape King" at Clayton County HD back in 2005? then taking it back to Macon. A week or so later met "Rusty" in Gainesville, Ga for the handoff. Lost track after that, but it made rounds all over the US.
Yes it did and also made it's rounds in Europe. I was very fortunate to have been able to go over to Germany to visit friends and then bring it back to the good ole USA, those were the days my friend. I also remember Rusty.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:16 AM
UltraTech
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wow, seeing some of you guys are still here, wholly crap. ahhh the adventures of heather and sean and the excitement of helping heather through that troubled time.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:54 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rgerber
Mac, a Marine Corps Captain, brought the Mascot from Yuma and met a member who's name escapes me now in somewhere in AZ that also escapes me. He brought it to "Preskitt" for the handoff and then I carried it to the 2005 Laughlin Rally and gave it to a retired LEO from New Mexico (yep forgot his name too). Those were the early days of this forum. The days of Springer, SheWolf and that really pretty thing...what ever her name was...AH Heather! What a sweetie!
Hey you old farts! The retired LEO from NM was Bill Nourse. He and I met in southern Colorado and handed the mascot off...I think the second time Bill had it in his hands. We also had the mascot during a Green Chili Ride and quite a number of members signed it.

Does anyone remember the crazy redhead from Lawrence Kansas?? Some of her stories made me laugh so hard I pretty much pee'd. Whiskers...just sayin hey!