HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

WANTED-Members to help keep our Mascot moving

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 04:03 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,808 Likes on 3,313 Posts

I just hope nothing happened to the guy. **** happens all the time. Last week my good friend had to lay down his bike to avoid an accident. Ended up in the hospital for 7 days. He Broke seven ribs and punctured a lung....

Old 06-05-2016, 04:14 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I completely agree, hotrod. Bad things happen far too often. Prayers hoping this member is healthy and well.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:22 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Well I know that From_Behind is still around. I checked his profile and he is still making posts all over the Forum. Here's his latest one, just an hour ago.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...aylists-2.html

I have no idea why he is dodging the issue...

I just sent him another e-mail....asking if there was some kind of issue or something as to why he won't get back to me..... Waiting......

Old 06-05-2016, 08:38 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also sent a pm explaining the importance of this mascot to me. Keep us informed.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:46 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

will do. I also invited another member to help out. They are friends on the forum...

Old 06-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYSBY
I saw the thread. It keeps popping up on my email with people offering to help move it but I haven't heard of it moving for a while.
I'm sorry if I seemed bitchy about it but this mascot is important to me. EveHD and I took the last 2 mascots to chappy and this mascot is the last one he got to sign. Has a pretty emotional attachment, if you will.
Hey Hey Flysby, remember me? I brought the mascot to you guys in June of 2014 after picking it up in southern Virginia. We met at OCC.

If I can I'd be happy to help out again.

Last edited by Deucedog; 06-05-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:27 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

I saw the thread. It keeps popping up on my email with people offering to help move it but I haven't heard of it moving for a while.
I'm sorry if I seemed bitchy about it but this mascot is important to me. EveHD and I took the last 2 mascots to chappy and this mascot is the last one he got to sign. Has a pretty emotional attachment, if you will.
No worries, you never seemed bitchy to me, just concerned. I guess that a person might say that I also have an interest in it too because a few years ago, when it was in Europe making the rounds there, I went to Germany and before I brought it back to the States, I got to meet with a couple of friends there, one of them being Rene' and we signed it then I brought it back home with me. Hopefully it will surface soon and continue on it's journeys to all the other people that wish to see it too.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Just chiming in with my opinion on this matter. The mascot made 2 different trips to my dear friend Chappy during his struggle with cancer---this man rode more miles during his life ,had more stories to tell,and met more people,touched more lives than most of us combined---he was blessed to meet true friends[such as ones concerned here] and bring people together in an otherwise way that wouldn't happen----granted that the mascot isn't for a single person ,but to bring us together---let,s make sure its safe and we can see it make a journey to my dear friend Chappy,s way again-----Rocker Nh [30 years a business partner and friend and brother of Sam-"Chappy" Legassee]

Old 06-06-2016, 09:47 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
Just chiming in with my opinion on this matter. The mascot made 2 different trips to my dear friend Chappy during his struggle with cancer---this man rode more miles during his life ,had more stories to tell,and met more people,touched more lives than most of us combined---he was blessed to meet true friends[such as ones concerned here] and bring people together in an otherwise way that wouldn't happen----granted that the mascot isn't for a single person ,but to bring us together---let,s make sure its safe and we can see it make a journey to my dear friend Chappy,s way again-----Rocker Nh [30 years a business partner and friend and brother of Sam-"Chappy" Legassee]
Very well said. I hope someday, some one like you might have the chance to say the same of me.... I will keep treating all people the way I would like to be treated... God Bless your Brother...

The following users liked this post:
Rocker NH (06-07-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 06:32 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Rene, that was in January? Wow! Does any one have a way to contact this person? Looks like 98hotrodfatboy heard from him in may.
I sure hope nothing happened to him.
Rene, please let me know if there's some thing I can do to get this moving again. Even if it means a trip to Ohio!
Rene - I agree with Dawn, OH is not that far a ride.
Dawn - Don't you or Harry even consider without me

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
Amen!!!

Originally Posted by Deucedog
Hey Hey Flysby, remember me? I brought the mascot to you guys in June of 2014 after picking it up in southern Virginia. We met at OCC.

If I can I'd be happy to help out again.

The following users liked this post:
soft 02 (06-29-2016)

Quick Reply: WANTED-Members to help keep our Mascot moving