HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

where to next with this extremely special mascot (Thread closed 2017-02-18)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 03:14 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default where to next with this extremely special mascot (Thread closed 2017-02-18)

After attending the extremely emotional, moving and beautiful service for Sam "chappy" Legassee, the mascot will be ready to move shortly. I believe this mascot is the first one that has been cried on with so many heart felt tears. Mascot and I, along with Evehd and many many others traveled in a very large procession to chappy's funeral and cemetery celebrating the incredible life of a very loved man.
Now that you have some idea of how important this present mascot is, I need to find who next wants to move the mascot. I will be traveling to the copperhead resort in blairsville, georgia leaving this coming Friday. Hoping to take the brp much of the way. Someone please let me know that you want to move this baby before it ends up stuck in cold ny for the winter.
Thank you all again for getting the mascot here. Even tho Sam didn't very the chance to sign it, some of his friends did, sue signed it, and his daughter Sarah had a chance to check it out as well as the book and see how many people loved her father.
This forum must be a bigger deal than I ever knew because there was a photo album at the wake showing Sam smiling while signing the last mascot while eve and I looked up at him in awe listening to a few of his many stories.

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 02-19-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:51 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Last edited by SPRINGER; 07-21-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:09 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

I've been on this board since '07. I never really got into the mascot thing. I'm glad I got to sign it and see Sue and family sign it as well. Thanks for taking it to them Flysby.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:57 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hspring03
I've been on this board since '07. I never really got into the mascot thing. I'm glad I got to sign it and see Sue and family sign it as well. Thanks for taking it to them Flysby.
This mascot is what lead me to meet Sam, sue, my new brother and sis in law and both you and stiletto so in my opinion the mascot is worth its weight in gold. Ace, pm or fb message me your email because I just talked to the patch guy and if I order them very soon I will pick then up in nc while on our vacation. He's only a few minutes of the brp and promised me refreshments after our long journey south if I pick them up.
I found a taker for the mascot. Whiskeygirl will be picking it up from me in blairsville georgia after a tour down the brp, the dragon, moon shinier, and various others.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:32 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

After 3099.3 miles with the mascot I was very happy to pass it off top whiskeygirl last Wednesday before taking a beautiful ride on the moon shiner and warwoman rd. Awesome riding and also sad because I had to say goodbye to the area and head on home. This time the mascot again brought me amazing friends that have changed my life for the better. I'm very proud to have been apart of it.
I do have pics but they're all on my phone and I'll have to figure out how to post them eventually. .. After I rest up a bit.

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 08-13-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:21 PM
nigelli
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great adventure with your mascot! I would love to hear more of your exciting stories with it. It's indeed an awesome gift to have.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:29 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by nigelli
Great adventure with your mascot! I would love to hear more of your exciting stories with it. It's indeed an awesome gift to have.
Just an idea for you. Scroll down through this section and you will see several threads started about where the Mascot has traveled and who has had it. There's also some maps that one of the members here has taken the time to keep up to date so a person can have a visual of how it has traveled all around the country too. It does have a rather large history behind it.