Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Converting '04 FXDLI to '08+ touring intake

Old 10-01-2014, 01:49 AM
sideband
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting '04 FXDLI to '08+ touring intake

So I've done a bunch of searching and found a few bits and pieces of info on here, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any specific information. I want to convert my intake sytem/ECM over to the later touring to get rid of the two cables on my bars and for the electronic cruise. I have a 2004 Dyna Low Rider EFI with the stage two kit done. So it's 95" which I think is a 44mm and the new t/b is 50mm. I'm not looking for any kind of performance increase in the swap. I just need it for this whole thing to work. I'm worried about putting that big of a t/b on when I don't have any headwork done and only the HD stage 2 cams. I just don't want it to run like crap at low speed since it would probably loose velocity at low RPM. Would it help to polish the t/b? I'm not really concerned about the cost of the project since I'm basically picking the parts up here and there as I find crazy deals on them. The only part that I'm probably going to pay full price for will be the Thundermax tuner. I've also got all the wiring parts all sorted out already. I've found all the wiring diagrams for what needs to get moved to where. I'm sure this conversion doesn't make sense to anyone else except myself, but I thought it would be fun. I have some other mods I plan on doing too and will be putting up a build thread as soon as I get my new rear head ordered. That's a long story too... Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:12 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by sideband
So I've done a bunch of searching and found a few bits and pieces of info on here, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any specific information. I want to convert my intake sytem/ECM over to the later touring to get rid of the two cables on my bars and for the electronic cruise. I have a 2004 Dyna Low Rider EFI with the stage two kit done. So it's 95" which I think is a 44mm and the new t/b is 50mm. I'm not looking for any kind of performance increase in the swap. I just need it for this whole thing to work. I'm worried about putting that big of a t/b on when I don't have any headwork done and only the HD stage 2 cams. I just don't want it to run like crap at low speed since it would probably loose velocity at low RPM. Would it help to polish the t/b? I'm not really concerned about the cost of the project since I'm basically picking the parts up here and there as I find crazy deals on them. The only part that I'm probably going to pay full price for will be the Thundermax tuner. I've also got all the wiring parts all sorted out already. I've found all the wiring diagrams for what needs to get moved to where. I'm sure this conversion doesn't make sense to anyone else except myself, but I thought it would be fun. I have some other mods I plan on doing too and will be putting up a build thread as soon as I get my new rear head ordered. That's a long story too... Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure I can offer any advice as I don't have any experience with what you are attempting. Are you sure your TSSM will work with the touring ECM? Have you looked into internal throttle cables? There's some pretty cool products out there that move the cables inside the bars. There's an internal clutch cable to that operated by twisting the clutch grip like a throttle

Old 10-07-2014, 10:38 PM
sideband
Stage III

I haven't thought to look into the turn signal security system. My plan was to replace my ECM with a Thundermax tuner that is meant for a touring. The bars I have on my bike are narrow Z bar apes. I haven't seen any of the internal cable systems that would really fit the bill like what I was kind of planning. My biggest concern is honestly the bigger throttlebody on a 95" motor with no headwork done.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:53 PM
sideband
Stage III

What about putting that sized throttle body on a TC95? At this point it's my only real concern.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:42 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 142 Posts

The TB shouldn't be a problem, good luck with the rest, especially the cruise control. Keep us informed if it works out.