Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

help with screaming eagle tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 01:09 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

will this particular VCI not read MT6 files?

Old 10-28-2014, 01:18 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Melman
Not to be critical but here goes...why and how long have you had a dyno?
IMO his issue is not related to his dyno or his capabilities with the dyno; he's got an OLD SE device that appears to be able to only read .mt5 files which is one of the earliest of devices from HD. Finding those files is going to be a chore at the very least and trying to get that map off the ECM is going to be an even bigger chore. The earliest software from HD I've ever seen is 4.77 and it includes .mt6 files but is capable of reading .mt5 files.

OP. I would make a phone call to Steve Cole @ TTS. Even though that's an HD product, Steve designed and built it.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 10-28-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 AM
bherr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Melman
Not to be critical but here goes...why and how long have you had a dyno?
I've had my dyno since 2009, but this is the first time I've had a screaming eagle tuner to work with. I want the calibration file 141pc0003.mt5 so that I have the base file saved. This way since this is my first time tuning a eagle tuner, I can reload the file if I make a mistake.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 AM
bherr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
IMO his issue is not related to his dyno or his capabilities with the dyno; he's got an OLD SE device that appears to be able to only read .mt5 files which is one of the earliest of devices from HD. Finding those files is going to be a chore at the very least and trying to get that map off the ECM is going to be an even bigger chore. The earliest software from HD I've ever seen is 4.77 and it includes .mt6 files but is capable of reading .mt5 files.

OP. I would make a phone call to Steve Cole @ TTS. Even though that's an HD product, Steve designed and built it.
Thanks. I've done a lot of tuning over the past 6 years and never had this much problems. I'm impressed that the tuner can do so much, but find it hard to believe you can't pull the calibration file to save. I try tracking down Steve Cole @ TTS. Thanks soon much for your help.
Ben

Old 10-30-2014, 05:32 AM
bherr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bherr
Thanks. I've done a lot of tuning over the past 6 years and never had this much problems. I'm impressed that the tuner can do so much, but find it hard to believe you can't pull the calibration file to save. I try tracking down Steve Cole @ TTS. Thanks soon much for your help.
Ben
found the original dyno tuner and he emailed me the calibration file, however when I tried opening the file in the software it gave me an error message (unsupported file type) the version I have is V450, I need version V141B. I saw a post that the guy had requested this 14th and someone posted about a version 4.77. Anyone know we're I can download this??

Old 10-30-2014, 09:29 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

you did not answer where did you got the software from? If from a CD disk then the original file will be on the CD disk.
now the dyno tuner has emailed you a file, what file, what is the extension of that file.
You are working with an unsupported software and VCI. The file you received may have been created from a software which had been updated and the reason your software cannot read it, or created from a newer software release. Or your software is older than the file from other dyno tuner.
Until someone reads this, has the same Cal file, same VCI and software that works and is willing to share then you are chasing your tail.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:49 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bherr
found the original dyno tuner and he emailed me the calibration file, however when I tried opening the file in the software it gave me an error message (unsupported file type) the version I have is V450, I need version V141B. I saw a post that the guy had requested this 14th and someone posted about a version 4.77. Anyone know we're I can download this??
did you get the link I sent you via PM? Would be nice of you to respond so I can take the link down after you get what you're looking for.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:03 PM
bherr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
did you get the link I sent you via PM? Would be nice of you to respond so I can take the link down after you get what you're looking for.
Yes I got it. Thanks soo much. LLoadedthis morning and Iits working fine

Ben