Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Need tuning advice.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 09:36 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bryanw1968
"Drilling out the mufflers typically changes the sound and decreases back pressure. The decrease in pressure begins to present all kinds of funny and not-so-funny results."

The current bottle neck is at the filter. Yes the drilled out baffles opened up the exhaust but without changing the filter I don't see how any extra air will flow through the motor. By adding the K&N it should make everything flow more creating an even leaner condition. Which, after much research and questions here(thanks :-) I've decided to try the Vance and Hines Fuel Pak3. The majority of the feedback I've read from people running that are positive. And, it's in my budget. I'll post back here after I install everything. Hopefully I'll be another happy customer.
Thanks,
B

It depends on what was restricting your airflow before your mods. If the exhaust wasn't holding back the air filter then you are correct, drilling the baffles shouldn't effect the airflow. But if your exhaust was more restrictive than the filter, drilling them out will let more air flow.