Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuel pack FP3 info

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 07:35 PM
mbmike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pack FP3 info

Well looks like this is been out for a while now I read a lot of older post looking for results from forum members that have installed in recent months. Is it inhance the performance from a stock bike with just SE slip on's. Or since it doesn't give AC options having a high flow AC is mandatory?

Old 11-21-2014, 09:45 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by mbmike
Well looks like this is been out for a while now I read a lot of older post looking for results from forum members that have installed in recent months. Is it inhance the performance from a stock bike with just SE slip on's. Or since it doesn't give AC options having a high flow AC is mandatory?
It assumes high flow AC, I installed my FP3 following the AC but before changing the exhaust (sounds like the opposite of your question). That being said, it helped the performance of the bike considerably even with stock exhaust for the couple of weeks I ran it that way.

By helping, what I mean is that it was much, much smoother at take off and through the entire twist of the throttle. I don't think think it increased performance in terms of HP or TQ but I wouldn't have known at that time I don't think the difference.

In fact, prior to putting the tuner on, I did a level 2 course for 3 hours, lots and lots of slow speed maneuvering, had a difficult time with throttle management during some of the turns and exercises. The next week after putting the tuner in I did the same exercises and it was night and day (nothing worse than driving a 700lb bike at slow speeds with an instructor forcing you to change gears when you know you shouldn't be)