Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Do I lose ion sensing with a Tmax?

Old 11-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Roadflyer
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Do I lose ion sensing with a Tmax?

Do I lose Ion sensing / knock sensing spark control with the T max over the stock ECM?
Also... Does the Tmax with autotune actually learn and remember whatever corrections are needed or does it start from scratch each time the bike is started?

Old 11-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Boost
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadflyer
Do I lose Ion sensing / knock sensing spark control with the T max over the stock ECM?
Also... Does the Tmax with autotune actually learn and remember whatever corrections are needed or does it start from scratch each time the bike is started?
Yes, you lose automatic knock control with the thunder max. The tuning manual explains what you need to do if you experience knock. It is relatively easy to correct if you identify the effected throttle position/RPM

Yes, the Thundermax learns and remembers AFR corrections (learned Fuel Offsets). I does not delete them when you shut the bike off.

It does not automatically write the learned AFR corrections to the map. You will need to run the "auto map" function after you have ridden a couple hundred miles. This will permanently write the learned AFR corrections to the map.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:07 AM
Roadflyer
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

Thank you for the information. I appreciate the help.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:12 AM
rhacmebossier
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default T-max

Are there any sites you can go to or someone to call for a map for the cams,pipes, head work etc, that you have installed?

Old 12-11-2014, 08:38 PM
scoobs
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rhacmebossier
Are there any sites you can go to or someone to call for a map for the cams,pipes, head work etc, that you have installed?
I take it you don't have a Tmax already?

When you load the software to your laptop you will be able to access the available maps. You may be able to match one up exactly or find one that comes close.

Otherwise,

You can go to the tmax site and click on support. There is a form to fill out with your info and they will get back to you...Email is their preferred method and they have been reasonable about response times.

http://www.thunder-max.com/Default.aspx

Thunderheart is the software side of the thundermax.

http://www.thunder-max.com/Default.aspx