Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Tts problem - pls help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:44 AM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Tts problem - pls help

Hi
Been reading here for quite a while as a lurker and since last year as a member.

I'm in Australia and sent this msg to Steve cole at tts but not sure if he's on holidays etc.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem.

I have a 2007 flstf with the blue tts. Have used this for a while without issue.

Last night I pulled the main fuse on the bike (orange coloured) to disconnect power as I was changing the fuel level sensor.

Tonight I had reviewed spark data from past flight recording, adjusted spark tables in a cal and tried to flash a new tune but I can't even get ECM info. It says vin not found, ECM pn not found, cal Id not found, and ECM status not responding.

I have disconnected and turned everything off and on and reconnected but nothing changes. I can't flash new tune or even restore my mte file.

The only thing I haven't done is start up the bike as it's too late right now so not sure if the bike even runs.

Thanks for any help.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Arseclown
Road Captain

Checked all connections and drivers/ports and no issues there.

Power is on bike.

Updated tts firmware and software but still nothing.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Arseclown
Road Captain

Steve cole has emailed me so I'm fortunate he provides such service and is working with me to explore the problem.
Thanks

Old 01-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Arseclown
Road Captain

In case anyone ever has the same issue or interested in the outcome it is now sorted.

Steve was helpful and I think what has happened was when I was fiddling with mastertune last night, I tripped on my laptop power cable and the power went. I uninstalled mastertune and the drivers and reinstalled and it all works perfectly again now. Phew

Old 01-14-2015, 06:14 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Steve is pretty good about getting back to his product users. Glad it wasn't something wrong with your bike. Would suck to replace your ECM harness or dongle connections.

Usually when you can't get ECM information it is a cable connection in between the computer to the bike or a driver issue with the computer.