Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SESPT Map

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 12:10 AM
casbar
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SESPT Map

Ok chaps, be gentle with me if this has been covered n times, if so please point me in the right direction

I have a 2014 RK, had V&H mufflers before delivery and presumably stage 1 done by the dealer. So now want to take standard headers off and fit V&H power duals.

So have the SESPT, happy to do the self tune thingy, but couple of questions:

When the dealer did my original tune, would they have rode the bike and done the self tune, or just loaded a canned map? Can I just do the self tune and add the update to the map that is already in the ECU, as it runs ok at the moment?

If I have to start again with a base map, which one is the best one from the list in the software, as they all seem to show SE bits?

Thanks, and sorry if these are daft questions

Old 02-03-2015, 03:08 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by casbar
Ok chaps, be gentle with me if this has been covered n times, if so please point me in the right direction

I have a 2014 RK, had V&H mufflers before delivery and presumably stage 1 done by the dealer. So now want to take standard headers off and fit V&H power duals.

So have the SESPT, happy to do the self tune thingy, but couple of questions:

When the dealer did my original tune, would they have rode the bike and done the self tune, or just loaded a canned map? Can I just do the self tune and add the update to the map that is already in the ECU, as it runs ok at the moment?

If I have to start again with a base map, which one is the best one from the list in the software, as they all seem to show SE bits?

Thanks, and sorry if these are daft questions
Dealership most likely did a factory canned map. They may have had one that was already fixed up for your bike. I feel real sure they didn't do a smart tune. I sent you a PM with my email address. Can send you a map. It is difficult to send over the forum as you have to manipulate the file name to get it to work. Another thing you will likely get into is if you pull the map off the VCI and try to reinstall it will give you a file obsolete warning and tell you to convert it to a new map. You will need to update your software and likely the VCI before you can install the new map. If you don't have cables better get some of those also. If you were planning to do the Smart tune you would need them too so you probably already have them.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:25 AM
casbar
Cruiser

Spoke to the dealer this morning, they only put a factory canned map in the bike. I am going to order the cables etc. Have already downloaded the software and updated it. Haven't bought the pipes yet, so got a bit of time. I will PM with my details

Old 02-04-2015, 01:59 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior

Spoke to the dealer this morning, they only put a factory canned map in the bike. I am going to order the cables etc. Have already downloaded the software and updated it. Haven't bought the pipes yet, so got a bit of time. I will PM with my details
I got the PM before the this post so have already sent maps. When you get ready to put a map on for first time give me a call if you have a problem. Well I just noticed you are in UK an email will be cheaper.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:03 PM
casbar
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
I got the PM before the this post so have already sent maps. When you get ready to put a map on for first time give me a call if you have a problem. Well I just noticed you are in UK an email will be cheaper.
Thanks Mac, will let you know how it goes

Old 03-01-2015, 09:56 AM
casbar
Cruiser

True Duals fitted, map updated (thanks Mac). Bike is great, pulls like a train. If there is any torque loss by fitting Dresser Duals, i can't feel it. Really pleased

Old 03-01-2015, 05:33 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior

True Duals fitted, map updated (thanks Mac). Bike is great, pulls like a train. If there is any torque loss by fitting Dresser Duals, i can't feel it. Really pleased
Good deal. Need anything else let me know.