Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuel Table Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 02:02 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Oz Nightrain
I've noticed a lot of people sharing maps around lately and I thought I'd try and get in on the action! I don't actually need the whole map, I was hoping to just get AFR and CLB tables from a similar build (details in signature) so I can compare them to what I've got. My bike runs well except for a minor stumble at low RPM & low MAP. And I seem to be going through spark plugs like nobodies business. I also had a free power run on a dyno last year and showed 86HP/92TQ, which I thought was a bit low for my setup, and now I'm hoping it may just be a tuning issue. I haven't touched timing at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Matt.
From the looks of the plugs and having to replace them you are pretty lean. If you haven't I would install a cooler plug gapped at .035" The stumble off idle can be improved if you increase both the VE tables 3 to 5% in the 0 thru 10 position and 500 thru 1500 rpm range. This is the main area the Smart tune leans the VE's out too much if you have performance cams. I would also increase the 100 throttle column by 5 from 1500 to 5500 rpms. I am sending you a PM with my email and if you would like to send me your current map I will make some changes and send it back to you. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I think I helped mirrmu with his tune.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:12 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for the reply, Mac. I will email you tonight, as soon as I figure out how to send the map!! Thanks again, Matt.

<CGImage 0x181affd0>

Old 02-25-2015, 03:26 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah Mac helped me with my map and a heap of others on the forum, it was night and day difference from the map dynojet provided me

His skill/advice is proof IMO that a "map" has basic fundamentals which apply whether you create a map in the loungeroom on a computer or at shop on a dyno machine

You will get a bike that works correctly through all areas of the ride, ie. cruise, idle, wot, start-up, decel etc,

Old 02-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain

That's what I'm after. If the rain holds off I'll find out on the weekend. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 03-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Default Update

So just as an update, my bike is all sorted, and you were right Mirrmu and Bob. The VEs needed a bit of tweaking and some other things that I'm not even going to pretend I understand!! Its not that I didn't believe you, it's just that I didn't have the confidence in myself to know that I was changing the right things. Anyway I got a LOT of help from Mac, he walked me through every step of the way and the end result is a smoother, cooler and more powerful bike. And he did that from the other side of the planet!!!

I couldn't be happier. Thanks Mac your a champion!!

Old 03-04-2015, 04:55 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

good stuff Oz Nightrain, Mac does a fantastic job with maps for people

Old 03-09-2015, 02:54 PM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Oz Nightrain
So just as an update, my bike is all sorted, and you were right Mirrmu and Bob. The VEs needed a bit of tweaking and some other things that I'm not even going to pretend I understand!! Its not that I didn't believe you, it's just that I didn't have the confidence in myself to know that I was changing the right things. Anyway I got a LOT of help from Mac, he walked me through every step of the way and the end result is a smoother, cooler and more powerful bike. And he did that from the other side of the planet!!!

I couldn't be happier. Thanks Mac your a champion!!
That is awesome news. I'm in a similar boat now. Looking for a good hold me over map.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:01 PM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamess71
That is awesome news. I'm in a similar boat now. Looking for a good hold me over map.
Well that was quick, Mac is on the case. I'm so excited. Thank You.