Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCV question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 12:22 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,494 Likes on 637 Posts
Default PCV question

I just installed a PCV I bought from a fellow forum member. I've never had a tuner before. I've got a '12 103 RKC. I downloaded a map suggested by MGS ( I have their slip-ons). Ness Big Sucker. No other engine mods. I removed the XIED's and left the O2 sensors disconnected per instructions. The bike starts and idles just fine. I can't ride it yet; weather stinks.

Here's my question: On the PCV the power light is green when the bike is running. The status light is off, although on start-up the status lights flashes red/green/red (or something like that) then it goes off. Is this normal? Everything seems fine, but I just want to be sure. If there was a problem with the PCV, I assume the bike would start and run like crap especially with the O2 sensors disconnected.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-28-2015, 08:36 AM
springers4ever
Road Master
Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts
Cool 02 sensors!!!

Did you get the 02 sensor plug in resistors that go w/ the PC-V ...the blinking lights may mean that there is an open loop in the 02 sensors .. you can't run it w/ the sensor wires unplugged .... ..What you really need to do is get the auto-tune unit for your model that goes what the PC-V... you will be able to set the AFR to what you what and will run very well .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynojet-Auto...bebf0e&vxp=mtr

Old 02-28-2015, 08:46 AM
springers4ever
Road Master
Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts
Cool Auto-Tune

Old 02-28-2015, 06:04 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by springers4ever
Did you get the 02 sensor plug in resistors that go w/ the PC-V ...the blinking lights may mean that there is an open loop in the 02 sensors .. you can't run it w/ the sensor wires unplugged .... ..What you really need to do is get the auto-tune unit for your model that goes what the PC-V... you will be able to set the AFR to what you what and will run very well .
Thanks Springer for the info and the pics. I did get the "O2 Optimizer"plugs but the directions only call for those to be installed on 08-09 models. For 09-13, they say just unplug the O2 sensors.

AutoTune sounds good. Maybe when funds are available!

Old 03-03-2015, 12:55 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeBel
Here's my question: On the PCV the power light is green when the bike is running. The status light is off, although on start-up the status lights flashes red/green/red (or something like that) then it goes off. Is this normal? Everything seems fine, but I just want to be sure. If there was a problem with the PCV, I assume the bike would start and run like crap especially with the O2 sensors disconnected.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
What you are describing is normal operation, however for example if the status light is blinking red when the bike is running there is an error that can be retrieved and viewed with the PC-V software

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 03-04-2015, 05:19 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
What you are describing is normal operation, however for example if the status light is blinking red when the bike is running there is an error that can be retrieved and viewed with the PC-V software
Thanks Jamie! Appreciate you chiming in, even for someone who isn't your customer, yet. That will probably change when I'm ready for the Auto-Tune. I've never seen a person/company more highly recommended than yours.