Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Just got my Powervision

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Harley Convert
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Just got my Powervision

So Fedex just dropped off my power vision. Thanks Fuel Moto. But since it's snowing out I can't go out for a test ride.

So my question is what should I do first? Should I hook it up to my PC? Should I just flash the bike in the garage? Should I just lay in bed and read the documentation?

Help me!!!!

I don't know if you can tell but I'm just a little excited to have it.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:01 PM
662894v
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

It's REAL easy. Look over the booklet. Follow the instructions that FM sent along with it and you'll have your bike flashed in no time. And then if you want to mount it on your bike that's your choice. I recently bought one from them and had the download for my pipes and air cleaner already set up when I received it. I'm real happy with mine.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:01 PM
OldBill
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could spend some time in the garage pulling your fuel tank and running the Power Vision cable up with the rest of the wiring harness and installing your PV on the handlebars. The wire is easy to hide and I love having the Power Vision gauges visible while I ride.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:17 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBill
You could spend some time in the garage pulling your fuel tank and running the Power Vision cable up with the rest of the wiring harness and installing your PV on the handlebars. The wire is easy to hide and I love having the Power Vision gauges visible while I ride.
That's what I did with mine

Old 03-20-2015, 04:41 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Follow the FM supplied instructions on loading your initial map, and it also tells you how to save the Original Tune your bike has. it will always keep that for you.

Then go online and read the detailed Powervision and WinPV user guide. Learn how to autotune. Also watch all of the Dynojet Powervision Videos, till you have them memorized.

http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/

Old 03-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Harley Convert
Cruiser

Well I loaded the tune that Fuel Moto installed for me. I ran the wire and the mount and also installed my Medallion gauges that I had ordered. I started the bike and let it idle. The idle was a little erratic. Not sure what this means but once the roads clear I'll do a few auto tune sessions.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Harley Convert
Cruiser

Went for a ride today with the tune that Fuel Moto gave me. Bike ran like crap. I loaded one of the Dynojet tunes that was on the PV already and it ran much better. I'm wondering if Fuel Moto gave me a bad tune. Should I ask them for another one or just Auto Tune from the Dynojet one that I loaded?

Old 03-22-2015, 05:27 AM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would get another tune from them. Which ever one is better AT that one. Mine runs good with the tune they sent me with my unit.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:19 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

I would autotune the one you have in it that is running better now. They sent you the one they thought was the closest to your needs already, anything else is just guess work.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:06 PM
semiret
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The first tune I got from FM was pretty good, but backfired thru the exhaust when I let up on the throttle. I ran the auto tune approx 6 times.
Each time things got better. I then contacted FM, told them that it was still backfiring too much. I sent them the tune I had, they adjusted the deceleration mixture (made it richer), and sent it back.

I recommend you try something similiar

Quick Reply: Just got my Powervision