Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thoughts on FP3 and PV2 for a stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 06:26 PM
2014streetglide
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by nhrider1
For a basic Stage-1 you'd probably be good with the FP3....and save some cash.

If money is not an issue, just go with the PV. It's a stable proven platform with lots of capability and features...including it's own display. I like being able to monitor critical parameters (i.e. head temp, battery/charger voltage, fuel mileage, fuel used, gear position, and lots more).

Old 04-02-2015, 03:00 PM
RJMFXDC
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A206Driver
Or you could order it from here http://www.directcycleparts.com/fuel...s-p-12207.html for $299.95 free shipping. It's where I bought mine from.

That's a pretty good price. Looked around and can't beat it!

Old 04-03-2015, 11:53 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We sell both the FP3 and Dynojet Power Vision and while many of the tables are in both products there is much more to it than the tables themselves as they are already in each calibration within the HD Delphi ECM, it is up to each manufacturer to decide which tables to expose to the end user. The biggest consideration is there are already Power Vision maps available for a wide range of cams and engine combinations that have been developed and tested, this is very different than simply offering the tables to do so. Building a map for an exhaust/intake combination is one thing, however building a map with big bore/cams is significantly different as you have changed the dynamics within the motor. There are many elements within the calibration that require significant changes just to get started, and in the end the best case is to have a powerful software platform allowing one to do so, the ability to log & review data, various tuning applications, and most importantly an understanding of the HD Delphi ECM and specifically which table, value, and multiplier does what.

Have you considered running for a political position? what you said did not say which tuner makes sense for what application/user. Can both be made to do the same end result?

Old 04-03-2015, 12:01 PM
HeroOFtheDAY
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
Have you considered running for a political position? what you said did not say which tuner makes sense for what application/user. Can both be made to do the same end result?
Sounds like he is saying the PV2 is better for the big bore, cams, and head work engines and the FP3 is better for just stage one maps.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:19 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by HeroOFtheDAY
Sounds like he is saying the PV2 is better for the big bore, cams, and head work engines and the FP3 is better for just stage one maps.

You made my point, fuelmoto reply can be interpreted differently by whoever reads it.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:13 PM
RonaldNC
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeroOFtheDAY
Yep... that's what I heard... not sure what else you're looking for...

Old 04-04-2015, 06:29 PM
RJMFXDC
Novice

Originally Posted by 1Canuck

I called Fuel Moto with questions on both tuners. With the Fp3 your locked in with V&H only (not bad company in my opinion), and with the PV2 you can receive help from both Dynojet and Fuel Moto. So depending on combinations the PV2 maybe more flexible with 2 different sources for maps.
Just my take on it.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by RJMFXDC
I called Fuel Moto with questions on both tuners. With the Fp3 your locked in with V&H only (not bad company in my opinion), and with the PV2 you can receive help from both Dynojet and Fuel Moto. So depending on combinations the PV2 maybe more flexible with 2 different sources for maps.
Just my take on it.
If you read Fuel Moto's post on some other threads you'll find out that they do R&D and write the maps for DynoJet. Below is just a couple of many post.

Most know that we are a technical partner with Dynojet. We have been involved extensively with Power Vision development from day one and its no secret this is our tuner of choice.
Much of the data and bike testing is shared between us and I have developed quite a few of the Dynojet maps, I built their 2014-2015 maps at their R&D facility.
So your still basically getting maps from one company.

Last edited by Greg2012FLHTK; 04-04-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:33 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by RJMFXDC
Just my take on it.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:03 PM
RJMFXDC
Novice

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
If you read Fuel Moto's post on some other threads you'll find out that they do R&D and write the maps for DynoJet. Below is just a couple of many post.

So your still basically getting maps from one company.

I learn something new every day, Thanks.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on FP3 and PV2 for a stage 1