Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thoughts on FP3 and PV2 for a stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Kutter HD shipped my FP3 by USPS Priority mail Friday. I received it today. Plugged it in, connected to Bluetooth and WiFi. It did a firmware update. I select the map and flashed it to the bike. Very quick and easy. It's raining now so don't want to take it for a ride. My bike is a 14 Limited that has mufflers off a 13 CVO Ultra Classic, I added a Fuel Moto Pro Billet air cleaner today also. I contacted V&H and was told to use the map for the V&H Twin Slash Rounds with standard Baffle. I'll post an update when I get a chance to take it for a ride.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior

Took my Limited out for the first time since installing the Fuel Moto Air Cleaner and flashing a new map with the FP3. Bike normally turns over a couple times before starting. When I hit the start button today it started instantly. Also seems to idle smother. While riding when I give it gas at lower RPM's the exhaust seems higher pitched, but that could be because I'm hearing the motor sucking air in thru the new air cleaner. I don't feel the bike accelerates as strong as it did before. I pulled over after about 5 miles and started the auto tune and rode about 20 miles before returning home. As others have said, the bike definitely doesn't run very well in auto tune mode. It lost power and under hard acceleration it would start pinging around 4,000rpm. It also popped quite a bit when I let off the gas. I varied the RPM's speed and throttle quite a bit and by the time I got home about 25% of the cells were green meaning both cylinders were learned and another 25% orange meaning 1 cylinder had been learned. I applied the learned values but didn't finalize it. I wish I would have taken a screen shot of the auto tune progress chart before I applied it. When you apply the learned info it clears the screen. I thought it would continue to show what was learned until I finalized it. But it doesn't. Will update again after I ride more and finalize the auto tune.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:49 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Yeah keep filling the auto tune. I found at one point that it helped for me to finalize the tune and then auto tune the completed one. I find low speed throttle response to be much better than prior. Remember you can also goof around with throttle progressivity as well.

Have fun!

Old 05-17-2015, 04:04 PM
weezer_nd
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

any updates on this greg? as I'm considering the same setup on 2015 ultra limited

Old 05-17-2015, 05:39 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by weezer_nd
any updates on this greg? as I'm considering the same setup on 2015 ultra limited
After applying the auto tune a couple more times then finalizing it the bike ran great. The higher pitched sound I was hearing was coming from the Fuel Moto air cleaner. I was hearing intake noise that I didn't hear with the stock air cleaner. I have since replaced the stock CVO muffler baffles with the Fulsac 1.75" CVO Power Cores. After doing that I went back to the Twin Slash round with standard baffles download. Bike ran much better using that download with the freer flowing mufflers than it did with the stock baffles. I still auto tuned again and that made some difference but not like auto tunning with the stock baffles did.