Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision tuner training question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 09:50 AM
semiret
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Power Vision tuner training question

I am interested in taking the 3 day Power Vision tuner training class offered by Dynojet.

Although the class description on their web-site says that the tuner training is for people that do not have a dyno, the information I received from Dynojet stresses that the students needs to have prior dyno operation experience.

I do not have any dyno experience, but I have been employed as a mechanic in the past.

My primary goal is learning EFI theory and how changes to the different tables, particularily the VE tables, affect engine performance.

My question to anyone who has taken this class - given my goal for the class, do you think my lack of dyno experience will hurt my learning opportunity?

Old 05-03-2015, 12:36 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by semiret
I am interested in taking the 3 day Power Vision tuner training class offered by Dynojet.

Although the class description on their web-site says that the tuner training is for people that do not have a dyno, the information I received from Dynojet stresses that the students needs to have prior dyno operation experience.

I do not have any dyno experience, but I have been employed as a mechanic in the past.

My primary goal is learning EFI theory and how changes to the different tables, particularily the VE tables, affect engine performance.

My question to anyone who has taken this class - given my goal for the class, do you think my lack of dyno experience will hurt my learning opportunity?
I haven't taken it, but I would call their technical support and they will help with your questions or get you to someone who can.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:03 PM
tstroud
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You can get the basics here.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:09 AM
semiret
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

That's some good stuff.

Thank you