Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Why Auto Tune FP3

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:03 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Why Auto Tune FP3

I flashed my with recommended tune from V&H and I know it runs much better than stock tune. I am very happy and wonder why in auto tune I need to worry about filling all the squares that I don't normally ride in? After a couple rides that is your style of riding and why try to reach places in the tune that you don't normally ride ? Also how do you get screen shots so they become pictures?
I am listening if any one can explain to me why auto tune needs to have max amount of green hits ?

Hap __________________
USAF 20yrs (Retired MSgt)
I have owned 8 Harleys in 28 years and
My last Harley is a
2014 Tri Glide

Old 05-02-2015, 08:34 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

for screen shots if using Iphone just press your front thumb button and right side power button at the same time, you'll here it click like taking a pic (if sounds are turned on).

As for auto tune, I think the idea of getting as many green squares as possible is purely for a rounded tune. In all the sessions I've done I don't think I've ever gotten a huge area. If you're happy with the canned map though stick with it. Conversely you can auto tune, try it out and if you don't like it simply go back to the canned map.

have fun

Old 05-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by hapbob
I flashed my with recommended tune from V&H and I know it runs much better than stock tune. I am very happy and wonder why in auto tune I need to worry about filling all the squares that I don't normally ride in? After a couple rides that is your style of riding and why try to reach places in the tune that you don't normally ride ? Also how do you get screen shots so they become pictures?
I am listening if any one can explain to me why auto tune needs to have max amount of green hits ?

Hap __________________
USAF 20yrs (Retired MSgt)
I have owned 8 Harleys in 28 years and
My last Harley is a
2014 Tri Glide
I answered this for you on post 17 of this thread this morning: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...reenshots.html