Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

No throttle when slowing and only half throttle under power

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:02 PM
SinisterSpeed
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No throttle when slowing and only half throttle under power

OK so maybe someone has experienced this before and can shed some light.

Purchased a wrecked CVO ultra to do a ***** out build with. Had some old gas in it when I got it but it ran, reved slow but I figured it was the old gas. So I took it back and stripped it.

After everything is put back together I go to take it for a spin and with new fresh gas in it, it still runs like a slug. So I hooked up the SERT to my laptop and started looking for codes, there were a couple but the bikes been apart for a couple of months with everything under the sun unhooked, removed, then replaced. So that didn't concern me since I was able to clear the codes and they didn't come back.

After a few tests nothing seemed to be working to make it rev better so I pulled out one of the preloaded tunes for the CVO 110 and loaded it with the only change being the rev-limiter. Still nothing changed.

Looking at live data, it shows twist grip position at 99% and the TPS at 30%.... doesn't seem right so we had another throttle body handy off of a 2013 so we pulled the tank, side covers etc. and installed the other intake with the other TPS already in there. ... things got a tad better I can now rev to 5k instead of before no matter how you reved it you could only get 3800 RPM. but still revs really slow and no throttle when you are downshifting to stop at a sign/light usually speeds under 30mph I can pull in the clutch and there's almost no throttle at all until I stop then it comes back.

Took it for a ride, still acts the same but now I noticed my radio controls don't work. Got a new retro radio module coming from Biketronics.
Cruise isn't working either.

We pulled the fairing again, changed the retro radio module, and still no radio controls so I started unplugging the controls first right side, nothing changed, then left... viola I got some radio controls to work.

After some digging I found the clutch master cyl pinched one of the unused CB wires and caused the radio controls not to work.... maybe that was what was calling all the issues?

I had ordered a new twist grip sensor and so while we had the fairing off I pulled the plug and pushed all the pins into the molex. Now I get 6-6400 RPM! Doing the happy dance I plugged the one mounted in the bars back in and it acts the same. Must have been the pinched wire.

Put everything back together today. Took it for a ride, still no cruise and seems like half throttle. Still no throttle when slowing down for a light.

Thing runs and rides great, it's just no cruise and poor throttle response is killing me. My 2013 103in. runs away from it like it's tied to a post. That just shouldn't happen!

any ideas?