Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCV vs Power vision

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:44 AM
whynotf75
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCV vs Power vision

hey guys I called a place to get my bike in to get Dyno tuned and they said they don't do that with bikes that have power vision. I guess it takes a lot longer to tune. This is a well respected place been around for a long time I also have heard that before. I am thinking of selling or trading my power vision with auto tune pro for a PCV so I can get it running right. I would like to some input and thoughts on this Thanks
Mike

Old 06-10-2015, 12:09 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by whynotf75
hey guys I called a place to get my bike in to get Dyno tuned and they said they don't do that with bikes that have power vision. I guess it takes a lot longer to tune. This is a well respected place been around for a long time I also have heard that before. I am thinking of selling or trading my power vision with auto tune pro for a PCV so I can get it running right. I would like to some input and thoughts on this Thanks
Mike
A step backwards; find another tuner.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Rat Trap
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by whynotf75
I guess it takes a lot longer to tune.
Yes, if they don't know what they're doing.

Don't know what they're doing.

Originally Posted by djl
A step backwards; find another tuner.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:32 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat Trap
Yes, if they don't know what they're doing.

Don't know what they're doing.

I agree with all the above. The PV is a much better tuner. Find someone that will work with it.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:10 PM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A good power commander tune will beat a mediocre power vision tune.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:05 PM
raleigh111
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stubborn

If you are stubborn and dont listen to the last few knowledgable posters who gave good advice i have a pcv on my shelf with autotune i will trade you and give you cash to boot!!

Find a good tuner!!

Old 06-11-2015, 04:17 PM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

The PC-V is a great piggy back tuner, the power vision remaps the ECM, both are good tuners. Find a better tuner that works with the power vision.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:31 PM
jackddg22
Road Captain

Received 233 Likes on 113 Posts

Power Vision is the way to go!!
Question... Have PV with the auto tune module and wide band sensors on my Sportster, got it Dynoed since I have a little more than a stage one (Impact 560 cams, Bassani Road Rage and SC full flow a.c. Getting 80 hp and 70 tq at 6400, (didn't want to take it higher) in anticipation of putting a full 1250 Hammer kit on this winter. Will run a few more auto tunes to smooth it out and I will be don with the Sportster till I put the full 1250 kit on. Have a duel licence on the power Vision so I can tune my Low Rider, set up the same way but with stock cams.
I want to pull the auto tune module and wide band sensors out of the Sporty and put them into the L/R and hook up the stock O2 Sensors to the Sportster. Or should I hook up the O2 sensors termination plugs th the Sportster and plug the Sensor ports.
TIA,
Jack

Last edited by jackddg22; 06-11-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-12-2015, 01:00 AM
tirwin22
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcv

Originally Posted by raleigh111
If you are stubborn and dont listen to the last few knowledgable posters who gave good advice i have a pcv on my shelf with autotune i will trade you and give you cash to boot!!

Find a good tuner!!
Interested in your pcv if actually want to sell plz PM me thx.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:54 AM
ejwmiller
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't been able to find anyone who tunes with PV either. So I had mine dyno tuned with the pcv that I had bought years ago and imported the map to the PV software then flashed it to my ecm. It works. But from your post you only have a PV. Maybe you can call dynojet and they can tell you who tunes in your area with pv.

Quick Reply: PCV vs Power vision