Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

NEED A PowerVision tune for a 07 sporty (xl1200c)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 07:45 PM
aRedGoneBlue
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED A PowerVision tune for a 07 sporty (xl1200c)

Hey guys,

Just was wondering if anyone could help me out with a Power Vision tune/map for my 07 xl1200c Sporty with a kuryakyn Pro-R hypercharger and Vance & Hines Short-shots w. quiet baffles. I have the PV-1 Power Vision and i cannot find any maps that fit this set-up that run as well as I would like.

Thanks

Old 07-06-2015, 10:09 PM
aRedGoneBlue
Intermediate

Anyone?

Old 07-07-2015, 10:51 AM
aRedGoneBlue
Intermediate

Also is it worth it to spend the extra $400 on the autotune pro kit with wideband O2 bungs? Not sure if this will help increase my performance and adjust my ECM better than the basic autotune that comes with my powervison..

Old 07-07-2015, 02:46 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by aRedGoneBlue
Also is it worth it to spend the extra $400 on the autotune pro kit with wideband O2 bungs? Not sure if this will help increase my performance and adjust my ECM better than the basic autotune that comes with my powervison..
Almost any stage-1 tune for a 1200 sporty should work as a starting point (Air filter and pipes/mufflers). Then run a few autotunes. Don't worry about specific brands of parts for the base tune.

The autotune pro kit is useful for VE's and timing, but most are happy with autotune basic. Autotune pro will not set AFR's for you. If anyone has a Fuel Moto map for a 1200, that would be a great starting point and get your AFR's in the ball park.

Those pipes aren't great for performance, and may cause some headaches while tuning.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 AM
aRedGoneBlue
Intermediate
Default NEED A PowerVision tune for a 07 sporty (xl1200c)

Thanks nhrider1 for the help. I contacted dynojet cus I could not find anyone with a fuel Moto map and I figured since I didn't purchase my power vision from them they likely wouldn't make me a map. But dynojet did. And it give me some improvement. However I do have alot of popping when I shift to 2nd 3rd and sometimes 4th. The short shots do give me a headache in more ways than one. I bought the bike with them on it. Any suggestion as to what set of pipes would give me better performance?

Old 07-10-2015, 03:41 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by aRedGoneBlue
Thanks nhrider1 for the help. I contacted dynojet cus I could not find anyone with a fuel Moto map and I figured since I didn't purchase my power vision from them they likely wouldn't make me a map. But dynojet did. And it give me some improvement. However I do have alot of popping when I shift to 2nd 3rd and sometimes 4th. The short shots do give me a headache in more ways than one. I bought the bike with them on it. Any suggestion as to what set of pipes would give me better performance?

It's hard to beat a good 2-1 pipe for performance. There are several manufacturers making good 2-1's.

Supertrapp, D&D, and Bassani make some of the best. There are others.
I prefer the Supertrapp Supermeg as it's more tunable than most.