Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Vance&Hines fuelpak FP3 vs. H.D. race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 11:08 PM
drbiker
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance&Hines fuelpak FP3 vs. H.D. race tuner

I have a 2015 road Glide CVO and I am thinking of getting Power Duals head pipes and Hi-Output slip-on. I am having a difficult time deciding on Vance&Hines fuelpak FP3 or H.D. race tuner. My area dealers that have Dyno are completely against anything other than H.D. race tuner and the ones that don't have Dyno are telling me that FP3 is the only way to go.
I am very confused and need help.
Previously I had Tunder-Max and before that I had H.D. race tuner.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:56 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by drbiker
I have a 2015 road Glide CVO and I am thinking of getting Power Duals head pipes and Hi-Output slip-on. I am having a difficult time deciding on Vance&Hines fuelpak FP3 or H.D. race tuner. My area dealers that have Dyno are completely against anything other than H.D. race tuner and the ones that don't have Dyno are telling me that FP3 is the only way to go.
I am very confused and need help.
Previously I had Tunder-Max and before that I had H.D. race tuner.
Personally, I wouldn't use either as there are better alternatives available.
Look at the Dynojet Powervision or the TTS Mastertune.

I also wouldn't have a dealer Dyno tune my bike. Look for a good independent in your area and discuss it with him. Ask around for recommendations.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:03 AM
mndelrosario
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I have had 2 V&H FuelPaks and they are absolutely phenomenal. I would highly recommend it. Sorry I can't speak to the HD tuner

Old 09-02-2015, 06:12 AM
bad tappets
Road Warrior
Received 405 Likes on 326 Posts

I recently bought an '06 Fatboy with a V&H Fuel Pak in it. It wasn't running perfectly so I emailed V&H and they sent me a new map - runs really well now. V&H customer service has always, IMO, been tops. Are there better tuners than the Fuel Pak? Yes, there are but they require more $$$'s and more time. If you want quick results without the cost of a dyno tune, then I think the Fuel Pak is a good value.

As far as your dealer reccommending an HD Tuner, well they a Harley dealer selling Harley parts.

Do a search on the forum, there is a lot of really good info on tuners here; thanks to many members.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Melman
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the SE tuners on my last 3 bikes and love them. Make sure you are using the "race" tuner and not the "street" tuner. The race version has the auto-tune feature which may not be as easy to use at the F/P or P/C V but I've become use to them and can navigate thru them very easily.

Also, I agree with using a non-Harley dyno. I believe the dealerships are limited to how much they can alter the tune...meaning how rich (= H/P) they can go. I had my '14 done at the dealer and then again by an independent which netted me 4 more H/P. Even the independent guy didn't get it perfect and that's what I'm in the process of fine tuning with the SE tuner now.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:13 PM
fake
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FP3 is the ****. So easy to tune and flash your bike. I recommend it over anything.