Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Which flash tuner ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 587 Posts
Default Which flash tuner ?

Have HD download stage one with se a/c, mgs standard slipons and catless stock head. Had a pc5, ran great but didn't like the way it started. Removed and am running vieds and runs good. Am putting Rush high output headers on in spring and want to upgrade to a flash tuner. No other engine mods planned. Can have it dynoed with a tts from a renowned tuner locally for about a grand. I know it's the best way to go but maybe overkill for this engine and $500 I don't need to spend . Would a pv or a fp3 (v and h is coming out with a new Bluetooth version in the spring that will work on my 2010 ultra.)
Or would something else be better?
Thanks
2010 ultra classic

Old 11-09-2015, 04:16 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

A TTS and Dyno tune is definitely overkill for just a 'Stage 1' set up. Keep the Vieds and stay with those.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:59 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Weeboy1
Have HD download stage one with se a/c, mgs standard slipons and catless stock head. Had a pc5, ran great but didn't like the way it started. Removed and am running vieds and runs good. Am putting Rush high output headers on in spring and want to upgrade to a flash tuner. No other engine mods planned. Can have it dynoed with a tts from a renowned tuner locally for about a grand. I know it's the best way to go but maybe overkill for this engine and $500 I don't need to spend . Would a pv or a fp3 (v and h is coming out with a new Bluetooth version in the spring that will work on my 2010 ultra.)
Or would something else be better?
Thanks
2010 ultra classic
The Power Vision has a really good auto-tune feature that comes with it. You can get the Power Vision Pkg. at this LINK with a tune already loaded in it for your bike, and then you can run the auto-tune and it will fine tune it for your specific riding style and conditions. No need for a dyno tune at all. Plus you get double the factory warranty, mounting bracket and visor, and unlimited lifetime technical support and custom tunes.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Last edited by IB Cristina; 12-04-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Included a video, very "in your face" for a post on somebody else's thread
Old 11-10-2015, 04:49 PM
swifty
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't think the fp3 works on a 2010 ultra. The Power vision is your best choice.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member

You are correct , currently the new fp3 does not work on I believe pre 2011 but I spoke to V&H and they are working on a Bluetooth fp3 for the earlier bikes .should be out in spring.
I would be interested in that. I think a pv is more than I need for my bike .

Old 11-15-2015, 10:55 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

if you don't want the PV, check out the Commander V.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:56 PM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Weeboy1
You are correct , currently the new fp3 does not work on I believe pre 2011 but I spoke to V&H and they are working on a Bluetooth fp3 for the earlier bikes .should be out in spring.
I would be interested in that. I think a pv is more than I need for my bike .
Well that depends on what you are looking for. Looks like the cost difference is about $100-$150 for the PV from Fuel Moto.

For that you get a fully featured flash tuner with a map loaded for your bike. They also provide lifetime support, double the manufacturers warranty, and a QD mounting bracket and visor. And the product is shipping now... not rumored to be available in spring.

Fuel Moto provides excellent maps and support, and you still save $500 over the Dyno tune and TT option. Additionally, it will support any changes you may make in the future.

I suggest you consider the PV option if you want a good running bike without a Dyno tune. Give FM a call and talk it over. They sell both tuners (PV and V&H) and will take the time to go over options with you.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Old 11-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by kryingame
if you don't want the PV, check out the Commander V.
As said I have a pc5 and really like the way it runs just don't like the way it starts. Sometimes it's fine other times not, doesn't matter how I start it. That's why I want a flash tuner not a piggyback like the pc5. That said if I could get past the annoying start issue I'd likely stay with the pc5.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by nhrider1
Well that depends on what you are looking for. Looks like the cost difference is about $100-$150 for the PV from Fuel Moto.

For that you get a fully featured flash tuner with a map loaded for your bike. They also provide lifetime support, double the manufacturers warranty, and a QD mounting bracket and visor. And the product is shipping now... not rumored to be available in spring.

Fuel Moto provides excellent maps and support, and you still save $500 over the Dyno tune and TT option. Additionally, it will support any changes you may make in the future.

I suggest you consider the PV option if you want a good running bike without a Dyno tune. Give FM a call and talk it over. They sell both tuners (PV and V&H) and will take the time to go over options with you.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/
Thanks I'll likely go with the pv. Fm has been great to deal with in relation to my pc5.
Will go with fm . If only the Canadian dollar would improve now.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:48 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Some say SEPST is better than others, some say TTS is better than others, some say PV is better than others. THEY ALL DO THE SAME THING - just have a different approach to it and if the person doing the tuning hasn't a clue as to what they're doing then you wind up with a crappy tune, a crappy running bike, a lighter wallet, and you find yourself here or on other forums asking for help.

Key to it all is find a reputable and knowledgeable tuner to tune your bike for you because I don't care what DynoJet, Fuel Moto, TTS, V&H, Superchips, SE, DK Customs, or anyone else says; nothing beats a professional tune - end of story.

Last edited by IB Cristina; 12-04-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Antagonistic

Quick Reply: Which flash tuner ?