Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Terry Components Terminal Velocity III

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:18 AM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Terry Components Terminal Velocity III

I have a 2012 Street Glide that came with the Terry Components tuner on it, this weekend I was riding it the bike just went into limp mode while getting on the interstate. We unhooked the tuner from the Throttle Body and plugged in the stock plug and it runs now. I remember reading somewhere that if it fails you can bypass it by doing this. I'm guessing the thing just stopped working, haven't done any troubleshooting yet. Anyone else have this tuner and any suggestions. I'm thinking I'm just going to get the SE race tuner and have it dyno tuned. I have the V&H hi output and V&H header with an aftermarket air cleaner, so I'm sure it is running lean without any tuner. I did notice I lose the instant throttle response that I had before I unhooked it.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:33 AM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I took the Terry Components POS off and threw it in the garbage, got a SE Pro tuner and had it dyno tuned. It runs great now, wouldn't recommend this or the RC Xcelerator which is the new name for this crap tuner that will fail and leave you stranded.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:20 PM
Dieselsoftail
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

How did you make out?. Can i ask what tuner is best? I removed my seat and found this module. Have been curious what I had. Is there a way to say it's working? I get a LOT of popping from my bike. Decel,up/down shifting. I thought this tuned in the fly?? Bike has VH pipes and it seems to have a filter too. Any tuner advise? Thank