Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Two bikes, two different tuners-can I consolidate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 08:29 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts
Default Two bikes, two different tuners-can I consolidate?

Quick background: Bought a '13 Street Glide new, did a Stage 1 using FM goodies including a PV, which I left handlebar mounted for auto tunes, gauges, etc.

Last summer, bought a used '13 Street Bob with a Stage 1, turns out it used a SERT. Dealer confirmed it was flashed but I didn't get the actual SERT box when I brought it home.

The way I see it is I have two options...one, keep hounding the dealer to find the SERT it's married to and let me have that, or two, just buy a second license & a new cable for my PV from FM and use the PV to tune both bikes.

I think the biggest downside is probably map confusion and limited storage slots.

I guess what I'm asking is what's the best way to go on this? Is it preferable to use the PV for tuning both bikes? Will I have any problems marrying an existing PV to a second bike that's already been flashed with the SERT?

Looking for any advice or concerns...or maybe words of wisdom from Jamie or the other FM gurus...

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:06 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Quick background: Bought a '13 Street Glide new, did a Stage 1 using FM goodies including a PV, which I left handlebar mounted for auto tunes, gauges, etc.

Last summer, bought a used '13 Street Bob with a Stage 1, turns out it used a SERT. Dealer confirmed it was flashed but I didn't get the actual SERT box when I brought it home.

The way I see it is I have two options...one, keep hounding the dealer to find the SERT it's married to and let me have that, or two, just buy a second license & a new cable for my PV from FM and use the PV to tune both bikes.

I think the biggest downside is probably map confusion and limited storage slots.

I guess what I'm asking is what's the best way to go on this? Is it preferable to use the PV for tuning both bikes? Will I have any problems marrying an existing PV to a second bike that's already been flashed with the SERT?

Looking for any advice or concerns...or maybe words of wisdom from Jamie or the other FM gurus...

Thanks.
There are no issues going from an SERT to a second license for your PV. I've done it in the past with an older SERT equipped bike.

Licensing is easy and painless. I did it thru Fuel Moto as well and it was quick and efficient with no issues with either bike. The PV will use the current SERT tune as the stock tune and save it.

I got a second cable to make it easy to go back and forth with the two bikes. Map confusion shouldn't be an issue if you add a preface or suffix to identify each bike. i.e. -Bob or -Glide.

Since you purchased through FM, they will provide a base tune for the second bike.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:17 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Awesome, man, thanks. I didn't think it would be a big issue but it's always great to hear it from someone who's been there. Appreciate it. Time for a call to Jamie!

Old 02-01-2016, 06:04 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

The additional license with your Power Vision is the way to go, Fuel Moto will also fully support both bikes. The license is $199.00 and you will also need the PV-2 cable for the Dyna which runs $24.99

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-04-2016, 09:04 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, Jamie, I'll be giving you guys a call this spring!