The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: High MAP at idle - fixed by Power Vision support

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts
Thumbs up High MAP at idle - fixed by Power Vision support

Just to pull this out into a separate thread that others may be able to search on...

I put an Andrews 57h into my 2014 103 and tried tuning with an FP3 and a Power Vision but wasn't getting on particularly well. I noticed that the MAP at idle was up at 42 instead of stock which is around 35 or so.

Well I'd read that changing cams, with different timing and overlap could change this and that this appeared to be normal. Ed Ramberger pointed out in another thread that MAP needs to be read at the right moment ...which was what I always assumed changing cam settings in the tuners did.

Well as we know there is no cam setting in the Power Vision ...but I asked Power Vision tech support nicely about this and they sent me a map with the appropriate setting for the 57h...

...BINGO!! idle MAP is back down to 35, tuning was smooth and dialled in really easy ...and this beast flies! [so much so that although I have never wound it past 4500 before, I accidentally hit the rev limiter before I realised what was happening ...my excuse was that I was trying to hang on at the time ]

So thanks to Scott for your help mate

The following 3 users liked this post by Gordon61:
Ed Ramberger (08-14-2019), MikeLaPlaya (02-21-2021), Scooterbear (05-18-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 08:57 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts

Glad to hear you are on track.

So how did the new map differ?

Old 04-21-2016, 05:51 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IKnowNot
Glad to hear you are on track.

So how did the new map differ?
I can't see anything that is revealed by WinPV so I have no idea?

Old 04-21-2016, 08:08 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

There is a code that you can use that will expose something like a IVO setting in vision. You just change it a number at a time until you get the results you are looking for. I figured they would have this expose in all their calibrations by now.

Glad they got it figured out for you.

The following users liked this post:
Gordon61 (04-24-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 08:43 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
There is a code that you can use that will expose something like a IVO setting in vision.
You mentioned that in another thread was why I thought to ask them, cheers mate, good info

VE tables were way too rich mind you but it was a good starter for 10. Just need to get back to the CDE tuning for the icing on the cake

Old 04-21-2016, 11:35 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

There is a code that you can use that will expose something like a IVO setting in vision. You just change it a number at a time until you get the results you are looking for. I figured they would have this expose in all their calibrations by now.

I don't see a IVO setting in my PV tables. What is it? Also, what result should should I be looking for if I am able to change it a number at a time?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2016, 03:45 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gordon61
Well as we know there is no cam setting in the Power Vision ...but I asked Power Vision tech support nicely about this and they sent me a map with the appropriate setting for the 57h...
Intake Valve Opening
there are lots of threads on cams and timing and the ins and outs of tuners and cam settings, have a read

Last edited by Gordon61; 04-22-2016 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:56 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Do you happen to have that code? I just installed 57h cams and my idle kpa is 40-43, this is with using two different starting base maps, one from FM and one from DJ. i realize there will be some vacuum loss with a larger cam but this is a somewhat mild cam.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:00 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Just to pull this out into a separate thread that others may be able to search on...

I put an Andrews 57h into my 2014 103 and tried tuning with an FP3 and a Power Vision but wasn't getting on particularly well. I noticed that the MAP at idle was up at 42 instead of stock which is around 35 or so.

Well I'd read that changing cams, with different timing and overlap could change this and that this appeared to be normal. Ed Ramberger pointed out in another thread that MAP needs to be read at the right moment ...which was what I always assumed changing cam settings in the tuners did.

...BINGO!! idle MAP is back down to 35, tuning was smooth and dialled in really easy ...and this beast flies! [so much so that although I have never wound it past 4500 before, I accidentally hit the rev limiter before I realised what was happening ...my excuse was that I was trying to hang on at the time ]

can you post your pvt file here please- zip it first (right click in windows > send to > compressed file), then attach. I'd like to use it as a comparison file.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:50 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 887 Likes on 621 Posts

Awesome. Basically the MAP sensor is always getting a read as are things like the O2 sensors. The software needs to know things like physical events such as valve timing to know when to pay attention to the data and when to ignore it.

The following users liked this post:
Gordon61 (04-24-2016)

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: High MAP at idle - fixed by Power Vision support