Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Leaking Fuel Lines - xPOST TOURING

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:30 AM
chromeandthunder
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Fuel Lines - xPOST TOURING

Lots of posts and threads about leaking fuel lines on 98 RKCs. I considered myself lucky that my new(to me) bike hadn't fallen victim to this – hadn't being the key word there. I have discovered some pretty decent dripping when running and if the lines get touched at all she sprays. Being a first gen MM EFI I know the lines cannot be easily rebuilt, so replacement is most likely the best option. That being my headspace I opted for a set of Goodridge lines, rather than the $250 per line MoCo option. These are them.

https://www.amazon.ca/GOODRIDGE-FUEL...idge+fuel+line

However I have read in a couple places that I need o-rings and clamps as well, because Goodridge doesn't include them, so I ordered these as well

https://www.amazon.ca/Goodridge-Fuel...179820_TE_item

Can anyone with some experience with this problem and these lines chime in. Do I need clamps? Do I need o-rings? Do I have what I need to get the job done? I'm not doing the work myself, I'm taking it to a former tech who moonlights. I just want to make sure he's got what he needs before I drop off the bike to minimize downtime.

Thanks in advance

Old 05-18-2016, 08:47 AM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

I'll just repost the answer I gave you in the Touring section:

You need the fuel lines you posted in the first link. The O-rings and circlips are to rebuild the goodridge lines should they ever leak again. The original lines cannot be repaired due to the fittings being pressed in.

You will also need new O-rings for the injectors, and new circlips. There is an O-ring kit for the injectors, HD part #17403-95, and the circlips are HD part #HD11150. The circlips are sometimes called Jeezus Clips. Get a couple extra to save yourself a trip.

Also you do not have to completely remove the tank to replace the lines. Just lift it up a bit to get to the injectors from the right side. Fairly simple repair.

Stop by the EVO section if you have any other questions.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:50 AM
chromeandthunder
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you kindly, I just placed the order for the rings and clips I need at the dealership and I should see them early next week. You're advice is appreciated.