Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Compu Fire 2000 Sporty

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 12:11 AM
lstubbendeck
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Compu Fire 2000 Sporty

I've got a 2000 883 sportster that i installed a wiseco 10:1 comp big bore kit on, now I'm upgrading the ignition and I bought a Compu Fire that came with the coil, plug wires, and new ignition. I'm trying to figure out which wire goes where and I'm at a stand still debating where what goes. I just want to get it right the first time so I don't mess up my new ignition. The stock wires are w/blk, v/w, pink, ltgb/gy. And the wire colors for my compu fire are green, red, black, and white. Has anyone installed one of these? Not sure which wires go where, and also i'm not familiar with hooking up the new coil with the dual and single fire option. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:01 PM
lstubbendeck
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: I talked to the guys at Compu Fire and they told me to wire the module straight to the coil. If you have a single fire unit, wire the red power wire from the Compu Fire module to the middle terminal, then also connect the pink wire that was originally on the left terminal of your dual fire stock module with the red wire from the Compu Fire. Then put either black or white Compu Fire wire on either end negative terminals, just make sure you put the right spark plug cable with them. Hope this helps the next person that gets a Compu Fire. They don't recommend wiring into the original wiring harness. Just reroute and shrink wrap.