The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Using PV on bikes previously tuned with SEPST

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 06:55 PM
dlporter
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Using PV on bikes previously tuned with SEPST

Question for those with knowledge of how the Powervision works:

Does a bike previously tuned with a SEPST need to be flashed back to the stock map by a dealer prior to loading a PV map into the ECM? My dealer told me this today. He said if it wasn't a stock map initially then the PV would always be "confused" and that the SEPST marries the ECM to that tuning device (I called BS on that one). Most of what he was saying sounded like it would be true if we were talking about the PCV.

Mods, if this thread is better suited in the Dyno Room sub-forum please move it.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:58 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

The SEPST tuner marries to the ECU not the other way around. The PV will overwrite the tune that's currently installed on the ECU by the SEPST. The PV will not be "confused". Your Dealer needs to go back to Milwaukee and do some serious studying because he is obviously confused.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:09 PM
dlporter
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks. That's what I thought, but just wanted to verify. The more I think about it, it really sounded like they were confusing the power vision with the power commander. I know the power commander base maps are all written to piggyback on and trim the stock Harley map. It sure sounded like they thought the power vision did this also.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:17 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dlporter
Question for those with knowledge of how the Powervision works:

Does a bike previously tuned with a SEPST need to be flashed back to the stock map by a dealer prior to loading a PV map into the ECM? My dealer told me this today. He said if it wasn't a stock map initially then the PV would always be "confused" and that the SEPST marries the ECM to that tuning device (I called BS on that one). Most of what he was saying sounded like it would be true if we were talking about the PCV.

Mods, if this thread is better suited in the Dyno Room sub-forum please move it.

I've done this and there is no problem. The PV doesn't care what map is loaded. The only thing that is different is it will automatically save the existing (SEPST) map as the stock tune.