Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2016 103b Motor Essentials

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 12:53 AM
SkinnyDog
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 103b Motor Essentials

Let me introduce myself. I'm just a youngster who works on Japanese bikes for the most part, got knowledge of how to put things together and how to make things look good, but i haven't been around long enough to get some of this stuff yet, and I'm just seeking out some help of wiser brains. I'm super motivated to get things going, so bear with me, just know that I have a decent grasp of how large a project this is, I want real advice, how much things will cost (whether it be physical parts or potential work only a machine shop could complete) and hopefully someone who has done similar work can pitch in. Now...

Heres how it started, I've been wrenching on bikes for a few years now, always wanted to build a Harley, love the feel of em. Just a kid who couldn't afford one. However a month back, my best friends dad gave me the 103" out of his 2016 FLSS (he swapped a 120") which has literally no miles on it. Brand new. I got the life of the machine, now I just need to piece together the whole bike, haha. Past the excitement, it just seems like too big of a project at this point. Finding Information on this engine has been the biggest pain in the ***. All the Harley guys I seem to run into, either have no clue about these new harley motors or they just try an play it off like they don't want to tell me any information because I'm just some kid. But any information and tips would be greatly appreciated.

My hope and dream would be to build as much of the bike as possible, but I want to figure out if I even can at this point. So I need to know how I can get the engine running first.

First point of interest: I was hoping to run it with a carbuerator. I just need to know if there are ignition systems that will work with a twin cam this new. I've seen plenty of people doing it on older model twin cam engines , but I just can't find and info on this one.. Any help would be much appreciated

just want to take this project one step at a time and see how it goes!

Thanks all!