Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Blown Ignition Fuses

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:34 AM
shoptroll
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Ignition Fuses

My 2007 Streetbobblew threeignition fuses in 200 miles. This all happened after a front turn signal relocation. I tripple checked my work for shorts, nicks, or pinched wires. Took it to my dealer. It blew some fuses for the tech at first, thenhe started checking wires and now it won't do it anymore.The problem is thathe said he couldn't find anything to fix. He test rode about thirty miles and it's ok but I did the same thing and when I thought everything was cool, it left me sit. They're waiting for a call back from the factory tech and I have no bike. The bike would start but when I would try to pull out it would blow the fuse again. They tested all the wires and everything came up fine. would a bad TSM module blow ignition fuses? Also, what does the system relay control? I don't want to be a damn guinea pig to see if it's fixed and be stuck out in the middle of nowhere. The last time was on Sunday evening and I had the ol' lady pull me with the truck. That was not fun.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
shoptroll
Banned
Default RE: Blown Ignition Fuses

Harley said to replace the TSM, which they did. So, we'll see what happens. Don't think I'll be venturing too far from home for a while.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:56 PM
shoptroll
Banned
Default RE: Blown Ignition Fuses

Well, it seems that the wiring harness was lying against the back edge of the primary case just under the fuse block and it rubbed through.