Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Best tuner for turbo

Old 03-11-2015, 12:33 AM
12, Bob Street
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tuner for turbo

Hey, everyone. I can't seem to find any solid evidence as to why most people choose Thundermax tuning software when going with turbos. I was sold on TTS when I was going to do my N/A build, but I'm making more money now, and want to go FI. Is it due to T-Max being a wideband tuner, and being able to use a 2-bar MAP sensor? Is it the Autotune function? I can edit VE tables with TTS' V-Tune just fine, if that's the case...

I can't remember the company, but one site I was on that offered a complete bolt-on turbo kit, also gives you the option of throwing in a T-Max tuner. Please enlighten me as to why. Thanks!

- Sam

Old 03-11-2015, 05:48 AM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Give Frank a call over at DragosBikeWorks {815-765-1790}He's the absolute best in the business.He's also a Procharger/Turbo dealer.He can answer any questions you have.Hope this helps.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Boost
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A Thundermax with the two bar map sensor installed and the ECM in supercharger mode, will automatically pull timing based on boost level.

This is important because under boost the increased pressure causes the air/fuel mixture to burn quicker. Peak pressure should occur somewhere between 15 to 20 degrees after TDC. If you do not retard timing, peak pressure will happen to soon and damage the engine. The Thundernax does this for you.

The autotune also rapidly adjust your fuel flow to meet your selected AFR for the turbo.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:46 PM
12, Bob Street
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastBagger07
Give Frank a call over at DragosBikeWorks {815-765-1790}He's the absolute best in the business.He's also a Procharger/Turbo dealer.He can answer any questions you have.Hope this helps.
Frank's definitely an extremely knowledgeable guy! My N/A build was going to include one of his 2-1 pipes. I've heard nothing but amazing things about his shop.

Originally Posted by Boost
A Thundermax with the two bar map sensor installed and the ECM in supercharger mode, will automatically pull timing based on boost level.

This is important because under boost the increased pressure causes the air/fuel mixture to burn quicker. Peak pressure should occur somewhere between 15 to 20 degrees after TDC. If you do not retard timing, peak pressure will happen to soon and damage the engine. The Thundernax does this for you.

The autotune also rapidly adjust your fuel flow to meet your selected AFR for the turbo.
Thank you for the explanation! This definitely helps me make up my mind easier.