Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuel Injector Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:41 AM
joellynn3
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Cleaning

Has anyone added any fuel injector cleaner to their gas tank? I have a 2004 Roadking and was wondering if it would hurt anything to maybe add a little Lucas injector cleaner in my tank. Thanks for any feedback.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:01 PM
EVOrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 275 Likes on 202 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Injector Cleaning

Really though.....if you ride on a continue basis and never let your gas go stale, then you probably don't need any fuel injector cleaner.

Todays gasoline is pretty much clean and has additives built in to keeping your system clean. If you were to encounter problems such as rough running, poor fuel economy...etc. Then I would consider trying some fuel injector cleaner. If your bike is running good now.....I would just continue on riding.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:58 PM
G Rod
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucas is a good product but as mentioned if you are running a premium major brand gasoline you should not need any additives.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:42 AM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser

joellynn3...I also have an '04 RKC. I ran a bottle of Techcrolene (sp?) through the motor. I added about a 1/4 of a bottle everytime I filled the gas tank. Truthfully, I didn't notice any difference, so I guess everything was ok to begin with. Regardless, it made me feel better to have done it.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

I run injector cleaner through all my vehicles every so often. Does it help? Don't really know. But my truck still idles and drives as smooth as the day I bought it;now has 93K miles on it. It's cheap, doesn't seem to hurt anything, and makes me feel better.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only use Shell V Power or BP Ultimate fuels, both of which contain fuel system cleaners and lubricants.

WB

Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

Buy Chevron with Techron (FIJC) in the black bottle. It works and will not harm anything. It`s the only thing I would and do recommend.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:04 PM
BigMoHog
Intermediate

I use Lucas gas treatment in my motorcycle for the injectors, fuels are produced basicly the same. The difference comes in when they are put into a vendor's tank in the ground, this is where contaminaton comes into play.Any time you move fuel from one container to another you take the risk of contaminaton. Just because you have a clean container dosen't mean the other guy does.The injector cleaner can help with the contaminents. It is always a good idea to do the most for your machine, in whatever way you can.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 AM
babineaux66@msn.com
Cruiser

I repair gas station equipment for a living!!!Shells addtive when it first came out played hell on the meter seal and valve inside the gas dispencer Gilbarco and Waynes.they have a additve for cleaning as do Chevron.the mfgs changed ther seal material mainly for shell due to the problem with there additive.Chevron never had this problem that i know of. That said ALL GASOLINE are EQUAL up to the point when they add there additive MONEY-MAKER.If you check tank farms where they get gas youll see different brand(s) of trucks they just add there additive and now you have Shell,Chevron ,Citgo,Beacon,GAS n GO,ETC.as long as you dont let set to long (Newer gas formulas doent get-"gummy" as fast) and if your ride it kept in tune putting a Extra additive is YOUR CHOICE.Does anyone remember checking the plugs for lead deposits,oil fowling,etc.Next time you spill or top off you car remember back when the gas use to SMELL and turned your hands white and it took a time to evaporate.The dispencing devices of now adays dont clog up or need cleaning no matter with or without additives.Think about that.

The following users liked this post:
Q103 (04-13-2020)
Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 PM
extech
Road Master

I don't know if this stuff is still available, but for a fuel additive it was some amazing stuff.
David Liles Fuel Additive. It was manufactured here in Florida.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Cleaning