Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Factory fitted alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Swiss
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory fitted alarm

Hi
Starting to tare my hair out here, or I would if I had any...
Night Train - Factory fitted alarm won't disarm.
I have gone through the tech forums here and tried every thing in there, the damn thing just won't work any longer.

I have gone through everything, new battery in the key fob, tried to reset the key fob with the alarm, the input method using the turn signal switches don't appear to work.

Do you guys think it's worth getting it fixed by the dealership which is gonna cost....... or
Is there a DIY guide to removing the damn thing.

Any help, advice, or usefull comments would be very welcome right now.

Many thanks

Swiss

Old 12-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Simon UK
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Factory fitted alarm

Have you asked the guy you bought the bike from if he's had the same issues before? I guess he would have told you the PIN number for manual disarming, assuming he set one up himself.

Other than that, I haven't has any problems with mine so haven't had to do any troubleshooting.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Simon UK
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Factory fitted alarm

Thinking about this further, when the dealership activated my key fobsthey had to put the key fob serial numbers into their computer system and associate each fob with the correct security code for the alarm system. This was achieved by scanning in the serial numbers using a bar code on a sticky label that came with the key fob. The sticky label was then stuck in the front of my owner's manual, so that I have the bar code and serial number to hand in the event that I need to get the fob reset. I guessthe code versus serial number data is retained on an H-D computer system somewhere.

With that in mind, it sounds like you probably need to get the fob reset to the correct code. If you have the fob serial number to hand (I think (not entirely sure) that the serial number is written inside the fob itself, if you don't have the original sticker) then Iguess it should be a simple, as in two minutes maximum, task for the dealership to reset the fob with the correct code from the computer.

I suggest you drop in to Thames Valley HD with the fob and ask them. If it's as simple as I think it might be, and you ask them nicely enough, I would be surprised if they had the cheek to request any payment. If that's not it, then I guess it's going to need more, possibly expensive, work on the alarm module itself. Hope the cheap option works.