Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Shovelhead Bob
Klaybus... No, this is NOT a simple "Plug and Play"....

There is NO TRUE Tuning device that is...

All EFI management devices need some form of "Data Manipulation" to operate and perform to it's maximum potential....

The determining factor is how much effort YOU are willing to put forth to learn and understand to make the bike do what you want it to...
Ouch! I guess maybe not as much as others would be the simple answer. I'm pretty happy with my scooter as it came from HD with the exception of how quiet it is. I guess maybe I'll let the dealer perform a re-map after I put on the Longshots & SE air cleaner.....

Old 09-15-2008, 12:32 AM
FatBobRay
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Question ... I bought my 08 Fat Bob used from the dealer with just a little over 1000Miles on it. It came with Rush slip on pipes installed and forward controls. (I have all the original parts and 1.5 years left on the transferable warrantee ... nice) So my question ... it also came with the SE Super tuner kit and the dealer told me to make sure i bring it when I go for my next tune up. (I know nothing about working on motorcycles beyond changing seats and footpegs) Is the SE Super tuner something they INSTALL on the motorcycle hardwired so it can talk to a computer or is this something I'll need to bring them every time I go for a tune up? And does it do anything besides make the bike easier to tune correctly?

BTW this may have already been answered but with such a long thread I didn't have the time to read the entire thing. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Last edited by FatBobRay; 09-15-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:15 PM
EFI Tuner
Stage II

FatBobRay, you do have to bring your VCI every time to be able to tune the mapping. Also as I read in a not so correct prevois post let me say this. The only time you can get away with a Factory stage download is when the mods to your bike exactly match what the stage download was made for. Being able to use the factory stage download does not depend on weather you still have the stock head pipes or air cleaner. If you modify your bike with anything other than what the stage download was made for you must remap the bike with something other than a stage download. EFtuner, Super Tuner, Direct-Link my personal favorite.... Also I would like to say that I do not like to use or tune with the new super tuner. It crashes all the time on me and is not well thought out. The MOCO really dropped the ball on this one.

Last edited by EFI Tuner; 09-18-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:28 PM
FILA
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

HI ...

I bought the SEST could not resisted it on ebay and a win it for $280 .... so my question is:

Is there any map for Stock bike+ SE/AC (no aftermarket pipes)?

I still not decided what exhaust i will put on my bike but i would like to put the SEST and the SE/AC so that the bike can breath better and disable the f*** valve that is on internacional bikes.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:25 AM
bbekman
Stage III

Hi. I have been formatted my computer and could not find super tuner pro software cd for download again. Do you have any idea where can i download that software again Many thanks.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:39 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Its a bit annoying..........

Its a bit annoying that the data collected on a run in some areas is in In.Hg and the data on the related spreadsheet cells is in Kpa.
While it isnt the end of the world to multiply the In.Hg values by 3.3864, it would have been nice to work in the same units.

Unless of course someone knows how its possible to sync the units.