Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:18 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner

Here is a question I have going through my mind.

Will the new software work with the old dongle? If not it is going to be interesting to see how Harley manages training the dyno guys in proper use of both versions of the software. I can see the dealerships easily dropping support for the old. It is hard enough to find a tuner than knows how to use the current version of the software much less finding one who can be proficient in both.

I am also interested in reading the new manual. If anyone gets a copy please PM me so I can get a copy and read it.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:06 PM
chandler
Cruiser

It doesn't appear that the new unit uses a piggy-back device. The data storage is part of the dongle. The dongle has a button/switch that turns recording on/off. Cool, but at $550 it is $100 more than the current SERT.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:01 PM
extech
Road Master

Super Tuner part# 32109-08 Retail Price: 549.99
Super Tuner Cable# 32184-08 Retail Price: 39.99
Super Tuner Training DVD #32101-08 Reail Price:29.99
My advise, wait a while til we get a couple installed on bikes and see how they work out.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:29 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Screamin’ Eagle® Pro EFI Super Tuner
Get the biggest advantage at the race track with the Screamin’ Eagle® Pro EFI Super
Tuner. The hardware and software in the Super Tuner feature a completely new design
that makes EFI tuning faster and easier, through dozens of brand new features and innovative
tuning enhancements. Super Tuner is available in 7 languages (English, Spanish,
German, French, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, and Dutch), and is compatible with
Windows XP and Vista.
The Super Tuner Kit includes an ergonomically improved Vehicle Communication
Interface (VCI) box and a Software CD. The new VCI allows USB connectivity to your
PC and contains on board memory for a full 15 minutes of data recording, tracking up to
26 data variables. Data recording is conveniently activated with a push of a button, allowing
the VCI to be taken to the track to gather data during true race conditions. Cable
kit (P/N 32184-08) is sold separately and provides all necessary connections between
Motorcycle, VCI, and PC / Laptop.
The New Super Tuner Software is easy to use with a large icon layout, compatible with
touch screen laptops, the ability to work in 4 windows (tables) at one time, and enhanced
help tools to keep you on track. Data and Tuning functions are combined into a single
application, insuring you are only 2 clicks away from any major tuning function. With a
click of a button, the new software automatically connects to the internet and updates to
the most current version as well as retrieves the newest calibrations developed by professional
Screamin’ Eagle calibrators. Software contains built-in model recognition that filters
calibrations, listing those that are applicable to your model. State of the art graphing
capabilities illustrate tables clearly, highlighting areas for improvement, and are fully scalable
and customizable. Additional features include editable calibration text, custom note
fields, drag and drop, cut and paste, and printing capability.
To get you on the track quickly, Screamin’ Eagle offers a comprehensive computer based
training DVD, (P/N 32101-08). Available in February 2008. For race application only.
Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner Kit
32109-08 $549.95
Fits fuel injected ’02-later VRSC™, ’07-later XL, ’04-later Dyna®, ’01-later Softail®, and ’02-later
Touring models.
Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner Cable Kit
32184-08 $39.95
Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner Training DVD
32101-08 $29.95
For use with Super Tuner P/N 32109-08

Old 01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are a few answers to the questions posted....

1. Price is posted by pittguy... That is the actual write-up by HD in the WDM catalog...

2. Training is not going to be much different at all.... the system still uses the same screens, just a newer interface, and you no longer have to swithc beteween Data and Tuning mode, dropping comm with the dongle/ecu.... Yes, Shops will have to maintain the SERT N (v 4.77) as well as the Super Tuner software to properly tune both versions....

3. FTP access will be allowed to whomever purchases the software.... Heck, TTS (The Turbo Shop) already has the SERT N online....

4. Data recording (Road Test Mode) is accomplished by keeping just the VCI hooked up to the Data Port. When you desire to capture data, you press the button on the VCI (Dongle) to record, and press again when you want to cease data record.....

Hope this muddies things up a bit...

I am chomping at the bit for my software....

FWIW, there is a tool in the Super Tuner software that is kinda neat... I wont use it, but is is pretty cool nonetheless... It is an EXCEL sheet that calculates your NEW VE's by plugging in your OBSERVED AFR and your DESIRED AFR... i.e. If you set your desiredAFR to 13, but you get 14.5 AFR at 50% throttle and60% MAP it will show you that you need to increase your VE table in that quadrant by 30 units...

I won't use it, but for some guys it is pretty neat....

Old 01-24-2008, 06:43 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master

Got more questions:

1. Can you make tuning changes "live"?

2. Will there be maps (on-line or CD) for non-MoCo configurations?

3. Any plans for automatic tuning in this or future SERT versions?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

Got more questions:

1. Can you make tuning changes "live"? No, remember, you are burning directly to the ECM, I think it's the EEPROM or something like that..... Bootloader, that is what it is..

2. Will there be maps (on-line or CD) for non-MoCo configurations? You will get them on a CD and as updates become available, you can download them. CD will have HD configs, on the TTS website, there are a few that are custom built, but those were already eveluated for accuracy and bug/glitch free.... users can submit their custom maps to TTS if they choose...

3. Any plans for automatic tuning in this or future SERT versions? Unknown at this point

Old 01-25-2008, 04:58 AM
TickTock
Club Member

So TTS is still writing the software then?

Old 01-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

Not sure.... Haven't read the EULA on the S/T yet....

Old 01-25-2008, 11:57 AM
deadwood1783
Intermediate

TTS is no longer the software supplier. The new supplier for the " Super Tuner" is SPX Kent Moore. The screenslook more like theDigital Tech screens sincethe software is from the same supplier.There are currently no plans for "auto tune" or real time cell tracing, which would have been nice. Dealers will be limited to 4 Super Tuners per month as production on the new tuner ramps up. As the product is tuned the same way the old one is, there should be no problem in getting your bike taken care of while one product is ramped up and the older one is phased out. You will be able to paste and copy older tuning files from SERT to Super Tuner files. The new dongle marrys to the ECM as the old one did. The biggest advantage from my perspective is USB connectivety and the data record option on the new dongle.

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner