Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Super SERT manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Super SERT manual

Harley-Davidson®
Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner
User’s Manual
Table of Contents
Section 1 – Introduction...................................... .................................................. ..........................4
Kit Contents .................................................. .................................................. ..............................4
Disclaimer and Warnings.......................................... .................................................. ...................4
How to Use This Manual............................................ .................................................. ..................5
Section 2 – Introduction to Harley-Davidson EFI Systems........................................... ...............6
How It Works .................................................. .................................................. ............................6
Harley-Davidson Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection System (ESPFI)..............................6
Current ESPFI Components........................................ .................................................. .............6
Overview of How the Harley-Davidson ESPFI Functions......................................... ......................8
ESPFI System Operation......................................... .................................................. ....................9
Heat Management System............................................ .................................................. .........10
Model Year 2007: .................................................. .................................................. .............10
Closed-Loop Operation......................................... .................................................. .....................11
Background .................................................. .................................................. ..........................11
Tuning with Closed-Loop.............................................. .................................................. ..........11
Section 3 – Software Installation .................................................. ...............................................12
Installation of Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner Software.......................................... .............12
Section 4 – Basic Overview of Super Tuner Software .................................................. .............13
Section 5 – Basic and Advanced Tuning............................................ .........................................15
Basic Tuning .................................................. .................................................. ...........................15
Advanced Tuning............................................ .................................................. ...........................16
Section 6 – Toolbox .................................................. .................................................. ..................18
Data Items .................................................. .................................................. ..............................18
Quarter Mile and Speed/Distance Calculators .................................................. .......................20
Record VCI Data.............................................. .................................................. ..........................20
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Display .................................................. ....................................20
System Information....................................... .................................................. ............................20
Section 7 – Race Tuning Guide............................................. .................................................. .....21
Introduction to Race Tuning............................................ .................................................. ...........21
What Can the

Old 03-05-2008, 05:39 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Super SERT manual

[sm=jawdrop.gif]Dayum! To bad I can't bring my puter to the toilet to read all that!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:07 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

[sm=jawdrop.gif]Dayum! To bad I can't bring my puter to the toilet to read all that!
Hey Darren:

'Reckon we can "zip" this up and use it on the laptop?

[sm=chairshot.gif]

[sm=pcwhack.gif]

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: WVULTRA

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

Hey Darren:

'Reckon we can "zip" this up and use it on the laptop?

[sm=chairshot.gif]

[sm=pcwhack.gif]

[sm=popcorn.gif]

yea, you're welcome too.....geez...

Old 03-05-2008, 08:59 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like it has all the same file names and Calibration numbers as the newest version of theold SERT software and the Users Manuallooks almost identical too but I'm sure there are some differences. So as far as I can see not much is different except for the higher price and USB connectivityalong witha dongle that allowsyou to data capture without strapping yourlaptop to your bike which is kind of a nice feature. And of course there is also thefact that you can no longer purchase the older SERT except on EBay or maybe a few dealers may still have a few in stock, so now one has to buy the new Pro Tuner.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:06 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

[sm=confused06.gif]The laptop might be a good idea Ben.

Just messin with ya Ace

I DO really appreciate you posting this. I do plan on"studying" it tomorrow at work.

Thanks.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Be careful...there are several printing mistakes and a few information errsin this manual!!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 AM
RA51
Road Master

Can you give some more info on the mistakes an errors ? Do you have a corrected manual ? I am getting one of the tuners an would like to keep myself out of making a costly mistake.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

/???????

Old 03-06-2008, 12:15 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain

Ace:

Just messin' with ya.

Thanks for the effort of posting that huge file!