Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.
Sponsored by: Cardo Systems

P

Old 09-13-2008, 03:35 AM
One Of The Regulars
Default Question about Harley-Davidson SEŽ Pro Super Tuner Cable Kit 32184-08

Greetings,
A friend has purchased me a SERT Pro but failed to realize they needed to order the cable kit. From all I can see from pictures, it looks like a garden variety USB to mini usb cable. Is this so?

Thanks in advance
mrbadlands

07 RK
Bone stock for now
Old 09-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Road Master

The USB cable is a generic cable. I use a 10' cable I had laying around. The other cable is the what you really need unless you make one up.

Click the image to open in full size.

2008 FLHX Street Glide
ABS, Security, SEST, SE A/C, K&N, Latus HD Map, V&H Ovals, Fastaire 8", Brukus
Road Tech Zumo 660, Lyndall, Tri-bar Light Upgrade, "Twisted" Shift Linkage, 18" Front Wheel
Old 09-13-2008, 11:45 AM
One Of The Regulars

Oh I see now. I wasn't aware it was 2 seperate cables. Every picture I found showed the generic USB cable. At that rate I better get on the ball and order that cable kit so it will be here when the SERT arrives.

Thanks!
Royce

07 RK
Bone stock for now
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Outstanding HDF Member
Send a message via MSN to oldfartjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadlands View Post
Oh I see now. I wasn't aware it was 2 seperate cables. Every picture I found showed the generic USB cable. At that rate I better get on the ball and order that cable kit so it will be here when the SERT arrives.

Thanks!
Royce
I can't believe that the MOCO quit sending cables with the older SERT and now even with the newer SERT. What a bunch of cheap asses not to give $3.00 worth of cables at the most with something you spend over $500.00 for.

2006 Road King FLHRI/Deep Cobalt
Stage 1/SE A/C K&N Filter/SERT
SE Pro Performance Exhaust
Old 09-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

We were on the fence when HD decided to remove the cables from our kits (SERT) but the dealers didn't want them as they had hundreds already. HD removed them and added a second part number for them which was fine. Only problem is they didn't drop the price! In our new kit we followed with no cables but we reduce the cost of the kit. That way if the dealers do not want them the cost is less but if you need them they are there to be purchased
Old 10-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Hang Around
Default computer requirements

I got the new super tuner about 9 months ago it works great. I think its a little buggy but i was used to the sert. I'm thinking about getting a palm computer or a micro laptop to have in the bag for tunning but I can't seem to find what requirments are needed for the computer ie. memory does anyone know?

Toddki
2007 Roadglide
117 cu.in motor
264 SE cams
Rhinehardt 2-1 pipes
50mm throttle body
Hot shot ported heads
Modified big sucker air cleaner

Last edited by toddki; 10-14-2009 at 06:19 PM..
Old 10-14-2009, 04:16 PM

P