Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SE Pro Super Tuner help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 PM
hawg03
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SE Pro Super Tuner help!

I have an 09 FLTR. Bought the SE tuner, cable and software. Downloaded updates for both VCI and software. Pre-loaded is a MAP that would suit my purpose (205TD003, SE hi flo air filter, race exhaust, 1580). I attempted to reprogram the ECM, but it showed "File not compatible with ECM". Any suggestions would be helpful....thx all!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by hawg03
I have an 09 FLTR. Bought the SE tuner, cable and software. Downloaded updates for both VCI and software. Pre-loaded is a MAP that would suit my purpose (205TD003, SE hi flo air filter, race exhaust, 1580). I attempted to reprogram the ECM, but it showed "File not compatible with ECM". Any suggestions would be helpful....thx all!
Try a 176 calibration

Old 10-09-2008, 11:10 PM
hawg03
Road Captain

Thanks...will do!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:56 AM
nafarmboy
Intermediate

hawg3,
By software, are you talking about the cd 32111-09, if so how many maps or calibrations for the 09 bikes are on the disc? Any idea if they are the same as the ones the dealers download? I am thinking about buying supertuner and software instead of dealer download then I would have supertuner in case I ever need to dyno the bike I would already have it.
nafarmboy

Old 10-23-2008, 09:32 AM
sugarbear
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What version do you have? try downloading this and see if it helps http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7d973

Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nafarmboy
hawg3,
By software, are you talking about the cd 32111-09, if so how many maps or calibrations for the 09 bikes are on the disc? Any idea if they are the same as the ones the dealers download? I am thinking about buying supertuner and software instead of dealer download then I would have supertuner in case I ever need to dyno the bike I would already have it.
nafarmboy
The TTST is much better than the Super Tuner.... www.mastertune.net
I give forum members a 10% discount on this unit.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc 1
The TTST is much better than the Super Tuner.... www.mastertune.net
I give forum members a 10% discount on this unit.
Why is it better, what can it do that the super SERT cannot do.

Just curious, I have the super SERT and dont really see what else I would need for minor mods like stage 1.

I also like the new data storeage device, which is better than hauling a laptop like I had to do with my old SERT.

I'm not saying you are not correct, just asking.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:33 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

There is no "Super SERT". But the only advantage the Super Tuner has over TTS is that the SEST can datalog all on it's own with no computer hooked up, with the datalogs transferable to a computer later on.

The TTS tuner is the old SERT with a couple of new twists. It has more features and can modify more settings. It has newer maps which can be used in conjunction with special datalogs to generate accurate VE tables on, or off, a dyno. It's the cat's meow. Really.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
jeroark
4th Gear

So looking at both units I saw where the TTS has maps for downloads, is there any for the 09 touring bikes yet. Looking at the names of the files how can i tell which one of the canned maps will work best. Also is the best place to buy direct from TTS?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Crazycalvin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by glens
There is no "Super SERT". But the only advantage the Super Tuner has over TTS is that the SEST can datalog all on it's own with no computer hooked up, with the datalogs transferable to a computer later on.

The TTS tuner is the old SERT with a couple of new twists. It has more features and can modify more settings. It has newer maps which can be used in conjunction with special datalogs to generate accurate VE tables on, or off, a dyno. It's the cat's meow. Really.
When the TTS can do it's own stand alone data logging or the SEST software can generate it's own accurate VE tables, then you will have a true cat's meow. Other than that, they both have useful features and each one has it's own advantages and disadvantages. JMO. Later, Calvin.

Quick Reply: SE Pro Super Tuner help!