Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:47 PM
r440
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve any luck with an upgrade from the old sert yet?

Old 01-04-2009, 12:14 PM
yoseppi
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is something I would really like to get into. I'm running a PCIII usb module on my 07 flhrs and would love to tune the stock ecm instead.

Does anyone have a set of links to purchase the TTS Mastertune system? And what is a good price?

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:24 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In http://mastertune.net/dealers.html at least "HD MD" and "Flying W" are both members here and offer discounts (or at least have in the past) to other members here. You will be elated with the better way the bike runs when you make the upgrade. I stepped up from the same device you have. It's a large step up.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

I agree glens! After several dyno-toons on a PCIII & running the TMAT, my bike has never ran as nice as it does w/TTS. Drop Herkobagger (Flying W) an email for the best price on TTS: herko@insightbb.com

VicW.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:44 PM
streetdjack
Advanced
Default Front and Rear cyl AFR

Hi

Can some of you give me explanations about Front and Rear cylinder AFR that we can record in Datamaster ?
the values are always very rich, sometimes near 10:1 and I don't understand why ....
Bike is running fine and mileage is good...

Old 01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,413 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Not all of the values that the ECM puts out are real all of the time. So you can and will see numbers that seem out of line that are out of line and by the same token you can see numbers that look good but really mean nothing. Some of these are used by the ECM and some are not at all but you need to know when is the right time to read the information to make it useful. These items were shown as we use them here at the factory but really are not something you need to use in the field.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:04 AM
streetdjack
Advanced

So wich are the values we can trust ?

Old 01-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,413 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Since we put everything in the data out there we have found it to be more trouble than it should have been . With that in mind we will see what we can come up with that explains things better in a future update. Sorry if this has cause anyone trouble but the information is use by us here at the factory when developing things.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
streetdjack
Advanced

No problem, Steve... for me, you've already made such a fantastic job that you don't need to apologize....
Is it possible to add some computed values like fuel consumption or some average values in this future update ?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
cts1950
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Since we put everything in the data out there we have found it to be more trouble than it should have been . With that in mind we will see what we can come up with that explains things better in a future update. Sorry if this has cause anyone trouble but the information is use by us here at the factory when developing things.
Steve
You have provided us with a powerful tool and I commend your work. I like the fact that the data out is as complete as it is. Please do not remove the data that is confusing us but a update that explains how to use the data and when not would be much appreciated. I think all of us here believe your tuner is the best thing going keep tweaking it. I supose you should consider us as beta testers because we find ways to put our bikes and your tuning program to the limits and are happy to share what we learn. Hopefully with the end result of more powerful tools, better understanding of how to use the tools, and better tuned engines.
Chris

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information