Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 12:36 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

couldn't fit in one post
TTS Mastertune Information-current-closed-throttle.jpg

Old 09-02-2013, 03:08 AM
ROBSMST
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check o2 and unserious the three tables and get back to you all. Thank you

Will also look into the box account

Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Let's talk about what Knock Retard to turn off and to leave alone when doing VTunes.

There are three Knock Retard settings.

Adaptive Knock Retard Tables
Enable or Disable Knock Retard
Max Knock Retard degree setting

When running your bike you should never Disable Knock Retard in the ECM Constants area. This completely turns off the knock protection.

The Max Knock Retard degree is normally set at 8*. This is fine but I change mine to 5*. This is plenty of retard when your motor experiences a knock event. Watching 02 data runs for knock retard the maximum of retard I've ever seen is 4* unless you are building a hand grenade from the beginning and haven't a clue as to how the timing should be set up.

Then we have Adaptive Knock Retard Table. This table is for "Remembering" where the knock events were. It works very similar to your Adaptive Fuel Values with every key on/ key off events writing adjustments to your ECM. It's part of the Learning Event. Zero out these tables means there will be no learning event while VTuning the bike. It has very little if anything do to with safety, again, unless you are riding a newly build hand grenade and are using Flight Recorder and turning the bike on and off when VTuning. You do not want to change timing while recording VTune data. Change any timing after you generate a new VTune.MT* file only.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:21 AM
converted103
Novice

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Let's talk about what Knock Retard to turn off and to leave alone when doing VTunes.

There are three Knock Retard settings.

Adaptive Knock Retard Tables
Enable or Disable Knock Retard
Max Knock Retard degree setting

When running your bike you should never Disable Knock Retard in the ECM Constants area. This completely turns off the knock protection.

The Max Knock Retard degree is normally set at 8*. This is fine but I change mine to 5*. This is plenty of retard when your motor experiences a knock event. Watching 02 data runs for knock retard the maximum of retard I've ever seen is 4* unless you are building a hand grenade from the beginning and haven't a clue as to how the timing should be set up.

Then we have Adaptive Knock Retard Table. This table is for "Remembering" where the knock events were. It works very similar to your Adaptive Fuel Values with every key on/ key off events writing adjustments to your ECM. It's part of the Learning Event. Zero out these tables means there will be no learning event while VTuning the bike. It has very little if anything do to with safety, again, unless you are riding a newly build hand grenade and are using Flight Recorder and turning the bike on and off when VTuning. You do not want to change timing while recording VTune data. Change any timing after you generate a new VTune.MT* file only.
A "BIG" thanks to Wiz & Truk for these most recent explanations for TTS

Old 09-04-2013, 06:54 AM
09fxdfse
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't want to clog this thread up , so I started a new one , looking for help trying to solve problems with remote monitors.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...l#post11723983

Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 PM
ROBSMST
6th Gear

The bike is running better and the maps are heading in the right direction after flipping the O2s. I am about 6 maps in. We checked the adjustable rods and they were installed correctly to specifications. Not sure why the rear is still acting strange.

I am hoping you can see the files in this folder:

https://accellgrs.box.com/Andrews57H

Old 09-04-2013, 06:16 PM
ROBSMST
6th Gear
Old 09-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Please use box.com files

thx

Old 09-04-2013, 09:33 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Just want to give a big thanks to wiz and wurk. My bike is running very well right now and thanks to the timing suggestions the idle is really smooth and much less sputter on cold take off. I know I have some v tuning to finish and may ask for some further suggestions but am very happy atm. You guys are what make joining these forums worthwhile.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

If any of this advice gives you guys a grin on your face then spread the joy.

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I'm too old to eat sand but the vast majority of help I give is for active and retired military.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information