Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 04:19 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyPride

Is there a tuner around Atlanta you recommend for tuning after the install? If not in Atlanta, in the Southeast?.

the guy you want tuning your bike close to you is right here in this forum..

drumroll please............

Mr. Wizard

I personally think the guy knows more about TTS than Steve Cole does but don't tell Steve I said that!

Old 10-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Hi guys, new member here. I have an '08 Ultra Classic that has been completely stock until yesterday. I changed the stock A/C to the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1. I am going to order the D&D Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust with the quiet baffle and a TTS MasterTune. I have been reading this thread since page 380 and I have read through most of the TTS manual I found online. Still, I am lost about the process and it sounds like quantum physics to me.

I could tell the bike has always needed help with it's performance. It just doesn't feel strong. Each winter I would plan to do an upgrade of some type but talking to dealers made me more confused instead of educated because every one suggested a different route for more performance from the bike. After finding this thread some time ago I decided to try some of the upgrades myself and ask the members here for suggestions on the best route for tuning.

My plan is to try and install the exhaust myself and have a professional set up the TTS and complete the tune. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

Is there a tuner around Atlanta you recommend for tuning after the install? If not in Atlanta, in the Southeast?

Would the perfect scenario be to have a tuner use a dyno to get very close and then use the features in the MasterTune and the methods described here to tweak the settings? Or is the method of using the MasterTune w/o the dyno as good or better than the dyno method?

I am sure I will have more questions coming but I will stop here and wait for some input before putting my foot in my mouth.

Thank you for your help.
Hey Navy... No need to have a pro set up the TTS. It's way too easy. Save your cash. It isn't quantum physics.

Atlanta? Where the heck is that??

I'm in the middle of writing down some basic steps from start the TTS system properly and get through VTune process. Problem is I'm busy as heck right this moment. Will try to get to posting them later this evening.

So you guys hang on unless one of you guys wants to come over here and aerate and over seed a few acres.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

Mr. Wizard

I personally think the guy knows more about TTS than Steve Cole does but don't tell Steve I said that!
Yeah... and your NUTZ are showing again big boy.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:26 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
So you guys hang on unless one of you guys wants to come over here and aerate and over seed a few acres.

be there in the morning but make sure you have some COLD beer.. and I don't mean rootbeer!

Old 10-18-2013, 04:42 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 590 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by ImIT
Worked like a champ,
1st I set up my VTUNE cal, used Mastertune to Upload to ECU.
(laptop to dongle to bike)
<snip>
last, back to MasterTune to open new tune, set AFR back to original, saved as new name, and reflashed.
</snip>

I don't understand setting AFR back to original....

Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Dozer40
Supporter
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

Wiz....you thought you were busy before? Get ready for the onslaught!

Old 10-18-2013, 05:18 PM
NavyPride
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UltraNutz,
I was hoping that was the answer. I didn't know from my reading if asking Wiz to do the initial was an option. That would definitely be my choice. Hopefully I could get a crash course on the TTS operation at the same time. Looking forward to this journey.

On a side note/question; I decided to go with a 2 into 1 exhaust for the low to mid range torque. Like many folks I think some of the duals look better on a bagger but I am more interested in the performance gains. I selected the D&D Fat Cat with the quiet baffle. Before I order it, does anyone have another exhaust suggestion they would like to throw at me for consideration?

I am really glad I found this group. Looking forward to joining a ride someday.

Rick

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

Mr. Wizard

Old 10-18-2013, 05:36 PM
ImIT
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by r0de_runr
I don't understand setting AFR back to original....

Part of doing the Vtune session is to set your all the AFR to closed loop.
when i reset my AFR, I did this for general riding, not tuning and close loop would be to lean at the lower throttle and WOT areas.

when I complete my Vtuning, I will then set my AFR, for more of an open loop config, using closed loop for a small general cruising range.

All this, I learned by reading this thread, and paying attention to what Wiz & Others explained.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:45 PM
mr_gdr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I needed that...

Old 10-18-2013, 05:49 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

UltraNutz,
I was hoping that was the answer. I didn't know from my reading if asking Wiz to do the initial was an option. That would definitely be my choice. Hopefully I could get a crash course on the TTS operation at the same time. Looking forward to this journey.

On a side note/question; I decided to go with a 2 into 1 exhaust for the low to mid range torque. Like many folks I think some of the duals look better on a bagger but I am more interested in the performance gains. I selected the D&D Fat Cat with the quiet baffle. Before I order it, does anyone have another exhaust suggestion they would like to throw at me for consideration?

I am really glad I found this group. Looking forward to joining a ride someday.

Rick
I had the D&D 2:1 setup, the fullsac 2:1:2 and rinehart 4" setup, and now the fullsac 2:1:2 and thunderheader setup.

The D&D IS WITHOUT A DOUBT a performance setup and the best performing setup I've ever had on a bike. I noticed a huge difference after removing it but I did remove it for other reasons, too loud for me.

Also if you're worried about having that "bagger" look with your exhaust, then get the ghost pipe.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information