Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Sorry... was a typo. Was late and I was tired.

Yes, Cam Selector

After you download and update ALL the TTS software and add the Flight Recorder software you must update the firmware to the TTS Blue Dongle.

To do this you simply hook up the TTS Dongle to your computer. If it is the first time you've done this you must give the computer a few minutes to find and install the software drivers for the dongle.

Once the MicroSoft software has been installed and the computer has found the dongle you must update the firmware.

To do this you must hook the bike to the dongle WITH your computer. Turn on your bike with the RUN switch on, do not start it.

Open the TTS application HD06. The icon will be on your desktop.

Run the firmware updater. You will be ready to use the new software from TTS.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:50 AM
mr_gdr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Sorry... was a typo. Was late and I was tired.

Yes, Cam Selector

After you download and update ALL the TTS software and add the Flight Recorder software you must update the firmware to the TTS Blue Dongle.

To do this you simply hook up the TTS Dongle to your computer. If it is the first time you've done this you must give the computer a few minutes to find and install the software drivers for the dongle.

Once the MicroSoft software has been installed and the computer has found the dongle you must update the firmware.

To do this you must hook the bike to the dongle WITH your computer. Turn on your bike with the RUN switch on, do not start it.

Open the TTS application HD06. The icon will be on your desktop.

Run the firmware updater. You will be ready to use the new software from TTS.
I have every thing done up to the Cam selector: I was asking about it? do I hook up every thing be for I do the first warm up or before the second warm up?

Old 10-20-2013, 12:22 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 589 Likes on 308 Posts

I'm not understanding the difference between DTA044-03 and DTA009-03.

The Calibration List says essentially the same information for each. Stock 2-1-2 and Breather kit.

I plan on tuning a stock 2013 103 with V&H twin slash slipons, and a stock air box with a K&N filer element.

Which file should I start with.

Later, I plan on swapping out the header with a gutted cat header. Much later, low rpm torque cams.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by mr_gdr
I have every thing done up to the Cam selector: I was asking about it? do I hook up every thing be for I do the first warm up or before the second warm up?
I like to warm up the bike first before hooking everything up but that's a personal choice. Either way is fine. Once the bike is warm and you have the cam data recording program set up you start recording data... but the bike must be warm and have a steady idle. Record for 3 minutes, turn off the software first then the bike.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by r0de_runr
I'm not understanding the difference between DTA044-03 and DTA009-03.

The Calibration List says essentially the same information for each. Stock 2-1-2 and Breather kit.

I plan on tuning a stock 2013 103 with V&H twin slash slipons, and a stock air box with a K&N filer element.

Which file should I start with.

Later, I plan on swapping out the header with a gutted cat header. Much later, low rpm torque cams.
You can use either 044 or 009. There isn't much difference but if you are running a 2013 I suggest the newer 044 cals. They give you the idle spark gain controls in the ECM Constants Table. This will assist changing the idle spark for a better idle condition. Or, you can just leave it alone if you have no idle issues.... It's just newer and more.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:38 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Ok, Mr Wizard, I got it and thanks for the clarification.

I have a 2013 FLTRU 103' with stock airbox, K&N air filter element, stock cat equipped headers and V&N twin slash slipons.

This is the VTune file I plan on using to start the process:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc2xvcv6x3...-03-A0-001.MT8

No changes except: I set the Lambda to .981 in all cells below 100, and set the PE to 10,000. No other changes.

I will make the first connections to save my OEM calibration to the laptop and the blue dongle, then upload this tuning calibration, then follow the steps to set up Flight Recorder and enjoy some fall Hill Country riding while I gather data.

Am I missing something?

Old 10-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Ok, Mr Wizard, I got it and thanks for the clarification.

I have a 2013 FLTRU 103' with stock airbox, K&N air filter element, stock cat equipped headers and V&N twin slash slipons.

This is the VTune file I plan on using to start the process:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc2xvcv6x3...-03-A0-001.MT8

No changes except: I set the Lambda to .981 in all cells below 100, and set the PE to 10,000. No other changes.

I will make the first connections to save my OEM calibration to the laptop and the blue dongle, then upload this tuning calibration, then follow the steps to set up Flight Recorder and enjoy some fall Hill Country riding while I gather data.

Am I missing something?
Yup

Zero out your Adaptive Knock Retard cells.

Did you do a cam data recording after you flashed the bike? If so, can you post it? Do not VTune without doing a Cam Tune Data Recording. If you do this later and find there should be a change all of your VTune runs are wasted.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:03 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Yup

Zero out your Adaptive Knock Retard cells.

Did you do a cam data recording after you flashed the bike? If so, can you post it? Do not VTune without doing a Cam Tune Data Recording. If you do this later and find there should be a change all of your VTune runs are wasted.

Made the change to the Adaptive Knock Retard.

I dont have the tuner yet, so I have done nothing except research and the presets mentioned above. I wasn't going to do the cam stuff since I have a stock cam and the calibration for a stock bike. Will add it to the sequence.

Thanks

Greg

Old 10-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Made the change to the Adaptive Knock Retard.

I dont have the tuner yet, so I have done nothing except research and the presets mentioned above. I wasn't going to do the cam stuff since I have a stock cam and the calibration for a stock bike. Will add it to the sequence.

Thanks

Greg
I have a stock 2012 Limited sitting here in my garage. Waiting on pipes and cams... his cam selector is 6/2. Just because the software says 4/3 doesn't mean your bike is. Always do a cam data recording before VTuning.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:35 PM
mr_gdr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Ultra Classic Electra Glide

I have a 2009 Ultra Classic Electra Glide, I'm running a SE 255 cams, Thunder Header 2 into 1, K&N air filter, and the TTS 2 Master Tune. I wood like to chat with any one running the same set up... thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information