Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 AM
BearShit
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bakes68
Bearshit im having the same problem with egr analysis, tried on a older version of software and worked fine, may be in the upgraded software.
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Those files are too small, way too small. Something isn't right. I had J1850 data up in the 30,000 plus within the dongle. After importing the dongle files into the computer they were much, much smaller. So, are you talking about dongle files or imported data files?

I found the EGR error today and sent a note to TTS to review the software code settings. This has to be a software bug.

830958 on dongle 8777 /0 756kb imported

Old 10-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Jenady
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience with Mastertune is watching Mr. Wizard do his thing remotely on my pc. Now I am trying to read and learn how to do it myself. It just seems right.

I followed the instructions in Dave's "Hints" document and the manual. After all the setup I took a ride and created a new file with Flight Recorder. When I attempted to generate tune in Datamaster I got this:

I did run the Updater and TTS HD006.

I am guessing I failed to follow an instruction somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenady
My experience with Mastertune is watching Mr. Wizard do his thing remotely on my pc. Now I am trying to read and learn how to do it myself. It just seems right.

I followed the instructions in Dave's "Hints" document and the manual. After all the setup I took a ride and created a new file with Flight Recorder. When I attempted to generate tune in Datamaster I got this:

I did run the Updater and TTS HD006.

I am guessing I failed to follow an instruction somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Yup...

You didn't flash the VTune cal into your bike before tuning. Then you used a different cal to generate a new Vtune cal.. such as/and or

What is in your bike is a 009 calibration Vtune file. What you tried to generate in VTune was a 044 calibration. Mix match OS.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

If you guys want to view this attempt at a TTS for Dummies here it is.

May help some. Most of you are far beyond this point. So this link doesn't vanish you can find the link in my signature.

https://app.box.com/s/5ls2mtfhjc8ybcx15f2y

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 10-21-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 AM
converted103
Novice
Thumbs up TTS for Dummies

May help some. Most of you are far beyond this point. So this link doesn't vanish you can find the link in my signature.

Thanks Wizard !!! This should go a long way to helping all that are lost in TTS/EFI Cyberspace with no map to home and trying to make a deal with the devil to get there!!!
Thanks and take care. Kev

Old 10-22-2013, 04:03 AM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi fella's...I have read lately that when you save your original cal to your computer it is also saved internally in the blue dongle...Is this only a recent thing???The reason I ask is that I bought the blue dongle just over 12 months ago and saved my original to my computer but it crashed and I lost it...Going by what I have read it should be somewhere in the dongle as well...Is this right and if so can I retrieve it???
Hope this makes sense...

Cheers...Sparra

Old 10-22-2013, 05:12 AM
bakes68
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Sparra
Hi fella's...I have read lately that when you save your original cal to your computer it is also saved internally in the blue dongle...Is this only a recent thing???The reason I ask is that I bought the blue dongle just over 12 months ago and saved my original to my computer but it crashed and I lost it...Going by what I have read it should be somewhere in the dongle as well...Is this right and if so can I retrieve it???
Hope this makes sense...

Cheers...Sparra
From what i have read sparra its only been since the software upgrade which was about april, which saves your last cal and original mte onto the dongle, i plugged my dongle into computer and pressed load tuning file from interface which showed me the last cal i programmed into bike but not original,but i cant load my original file which is also on my computer, because its not a tuning file,maybe when plugged into bike as well and press restore ecm it may give you the option then to load original off interface, i am only learning on tts but i hope this helps you a bit.
Bakes

Old 10-22-2013, 05:19 AM
bakes68
5th Gear

Originally Posted by bakes68
From what i have read sparra its only been since the software upgrade which was about april, which saves your last cal and original mte onto the dongle, i plugged my dongle into computer and pressed load tuning file from interface which showed me the last cal i programmed into bike but not original,but i cant load my original file which is also on my computer, because its not a tuning file,maybe when plugged into bike as well and press restore ecm it may give you the option then to load original off interface, i am only learning on tts but i hope this helps you a bit.
Bakes
also sparra there are original files stored on tts website dont know if you can match your original file by the vin numbers but it may help if you don't have yours
http://www.mastertune.net/repositary.php
hope this helps mate.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Dozer40
Supporter
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

Simply outstanding!

Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dozer40
Simply outstanding!
Why aren't you in Australia helping to fight those fires??

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information