Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,036 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by Wmitz
Wiz, thanks. Thankfully I don't have any popping. I am trying to understand when you adjust the egr how it changes the ve tables. I know tHe bike is running better, I guess I'll play with the dots some more. When you bring up the egr tables for making adjustments and you look at the graph should that profile be smooth or doesn't it matter?
The way the EGR is set now you must play the video game working with both front and rear EGR's and try to get the dots as close to the line as possible. This is why I call it a video game. Reminds me of Pong.

The new VTune3 will do the EGR's for you. I've seen the demo so it won't be long before it's out. Please don't ask me when.. TTS will not tell me a date. They are notorious for not putting out a product without fully debugging it first. Of course the first screen in VT3 is called... now get this... Wizard Mode.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:21 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New guy needs some help

I recently made the switch to a TTS. I had the dealer do a quickie tune on the Dyno hoping that they could hit alot of cells quicker than I could in Indiana in March. Bottom line is the bike runs strong except for a stumble and occasional pop off idle when warm and especially if idling any extended period of time(long traffic light). Been reading everything I can find, tuning manual, help files, tts for dummies, this forum. Only reference I have found is to accel enrichment as a possible cause. I'd like to try to work this out myself and continue to learn to refine my tune. so the question is AE? if so how much and starting at what temp range? Will a generic 02 data run tell anything? Or do I start a new tune from scratch? Here is a copy of the tune that the dealer installed if that helps
https://app.box.com/s/7f81o5fq8r3wayizmfy6
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by stonesmith
I recently made the switch to a TTS. I had the dealer do a quickie tune on the Dyno hoping that they could hit alot of cells quicker than I could in Indiana in March. Bottom line is the bike runs strong except for a stumble and occasional pop off idle when warm and especially if idling any extended period of time(long traffic light). Been reading everything I can find, tuning manual, help files, tts for dummies, this forum. Only reference I have found is to accel enrichment as a possible cause. I'd like to try to work this out myself and continue to learn to refine my tune. so the question is AE? if so how much and starting at what temp range? Will a generic 02 data run tell anything? Or do I start a new tune from scratch? Here is a copy of the tune that the dealer installed if that helps
https://app.box.com/s/7f81o5fq8r3wayizmfy6
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Uhmmmmm.....errrrrr.... uhhhhhh

I'm really sorry for what I'm getting ready to type and you to read...

Start over. That map is *****

Sorry.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Look... you could do a ton better if you learned the process and tuned your bike yourself. Who did that tune doesn't grasp the tuning concept. They changed your idle RPM. Leaned out your cruising area. Tried to adjust your high load areas and maxed out the VE cells in some areas.

Open the file in Mastertune. Click on the Table Compairson Menu. Click on Compare Edits to Original. Click on Table Selection and view each table. You will see for yourself what I'm saying.

I really hate sounding like a jerk but your bike will run so much better if you just follow the manual or the Dummies PDF. I hope others will look at your file and give more complementary feedback as I just can't find anything there.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 PM
stonesmith
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Uhmmmmm.....errrrrr.... uhhhhhh

I'm really sorry for what I'm getting ready to type and you to read...

Start over. That map is *****

Sorry.
Don't be sorry Mr. Wizard,I appreciate your input, That's exactly what I needed to hear. Do ya think that base map is a good starting point to do cam analyzer and start vtuning? Everything with headwork seems to have a little higher lift cam.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:21 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

No sir. I would start over from scratch.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Probably a DTW would be better for you. Heads will change Timing requirements. The cam in the DUH is a 255. Thats the school bus cam. That will not work well with you having 54s. Its not about the lift as much as the cam timing. Then... the cam tool can adjust timing that little bit necessary.

Looks like the shop that tuned that used to be a Power Commander shop. Run forest run...... There is no reason whatsoever to run lean like they have the bike, unless they have no clue on VEs and are adjusting the AFR table to a set of wide bands. Haha... they made that map in three pulls, too. That REALLY sounds like a Power Commander Shop. There still are 100s of dynos out there that have NO friggen clue on HOW to tune with a flash based tuner. I'm sorry, Dude,... you found one of them. The give away is how they adjusted the fuel using the AFR tables like they did.

Those days are LONG gone, my friend. Jeeze!!!

Sure would like to see the dyno sheet from this bike and look at the fuel line. What dealer did that? I wish to remember those guys for sure. HAHA! Don't really mean to laugh, but that is beyond terrible. Sir.

There ARE a couple good shops in Ohio, just none where you are at. Sounds like a road trip!!! That build? Ride up, stay the night in a motel, and ride home the next afternoon with it done and good to go.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 04-21-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:53 AM
stonesmith
Cruiser

Thanks Truk, I will try starting with the DTW. No real surprise here as far as the quality of the dealer tune. My motivation for going with the TTS was that I plan on having it tuned by a competent tuner,I just thought the dealer would do a couple of vtune runs and I would have a rideable tune in the interim. There are no reputable tuners in the area since Herko retired . I talked to Jim Kennedy and a couple of others but they want the bike for a few days or a week.That would require 2 road trips. If It could be done in one trip I'm all over it, I hear Ashland is beautiful this time of year! If you are willing to do it PM me your contact info.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:19 PM
jakazz
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Please don't ask me when.. TTS will not tell me a date.
Thats funny because I check the updater every day now.

I looked at My Tune, and DL'd the demo.....it seems to be what we may be getting from steve. Someone pointed me that direction so I took a peek. But I guess I'll still be checking the updater.

Took the OL on a short spin yesterday, knocked like a bitch....good thing for retard..lol

Bike is running good except for all the knock, once that gets done and I get a little further west of the state for some decent high rpm runs with some hills I'll be dialed good.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:38 AM
ZBear
Cruiser
Default TTS user

Is there any one in Iowa that is a TTS user that I can consult with? I installed the tuner over the winter and would like to consult with someone in person before I start tuning it further. I used my old lap top when I installed the tuner and not sure it could hold up to use "flight recorder". Has anyone used a tablet, namely a Microsoft Surface? With something as expensive as the trike, I don't want to screw anything up. Thanks, Bear

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information