Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 07:52 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard

Yeah... well.....

I would never say that to his face, I'm not that crazy. I'm safe being several hundred miles away up to 20 feet. He isn't that great of a shot either...

The man is very naive! I'll have you know that I've dropped smaller men, at 300 yards

Old 10-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
The man is very naive! I'll have you know that I've dropped smaller men, at 300 yards

Bwhhhhhahhahahahaha

Who's yer buddy?

Old 10-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by slyedog
Good to know at least one HD branded building knows that the seprt sucks compared to tts.
It's funny you say that.

A local HD dealership called me a few weeks back. Wanted a TTS class for their Dyno operators.

Their class went well, they learned a lot and I learned about their Dyno operations. They still need to finish the class. We ran out of time since they were asking so many questions.

My class is a three day class for dealerships and it sure is great to see them want to give their customers the best product they can.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:03 AM
Niels83
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soooo... Out of the blue, I got this error. It was working fine the other day and I've been doing some 'Flights' to gather data and wanted to vTune it and now this is happening. I have this error with all the TTS programs. Uninstalled it and re-installed it all with no effect. Anybody know what went wrong and more importantly how to fix it?

EDIT:

OK. Somehow fixed it myself. The thing you need to do is go to this path:

\AppData\Local\The_Turbo_Shop_Inc\VTune-HD.exe_Url_djitpfu5f0wngal1iobxerwlvgnwwy00\2.5.0. 0

But I guess the 4th level is 'personalized' so it's probably something like this for you guys:

\AppData\Local\The_Turbo_Shop_Inc\VTune-HD.exe_<Some_coding>\<version_number>

The file "user.config" was empty. So what I did was delete the file and restarted vTune (And by delete I meant I've put ".bck" behind the file). It builds a new "user.config". Problem solved. The newly build version hold the following information, so if you have the same problem and it doesn't build a new file, just copy paste this into the old one:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="Positions" type="VTuneHD.PositionSection, VTune2, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" />
</configSections>
<Positions startFormBounds="166, 104, 727, 196" processFormBounds="-2147483648, -2147483648, 0, 0" />
</configuration>

Last edited by Niels83; 10-20-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:56 PM
salty_rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help! I have fireworks in my exhaust!

So I will try to make this as quick and painless as possible. I have a 2009 Street glide. I just took the bike in to my local performance shop / dyno guy (Won awards and everyone in Houston says he's the best). I put a 103Ci motor in the 96ci Motors place (high milage on the old 96), Screamin eagle air cleaner, D&D boss fat cat pipes, and the blue mastertune TTS (plus dyno). After everything was said and done I picked up the bike and he said everything is running perfect. I rode it around for a couple of days and found pretty severe decel pop and occasional popping between gears when shifting. Along with between around 2000 2800 rpms at steady throttle it will sputter. Basically the bike runs like crap. Great performance on wide open runs And 6th crusing but that's about it. Took it back to him and he said I would have to leave it with him again. The first time I left it with him I had to leave it for 3 weeks and I wasn't about to do that again. So I had him adjust it in person while I was there with his laptop and he told me to let him know if that's better or worse plus checked for exhaust or intake leaks and there weren't any. Rode around for 2 more days.. exactly the same. I've been playing phone tag with him for 3 weeks now and he tries to avoid my calls along with acting like he's extremely busy when he's not and could easily fix the mistake he made with 20 or 30 minutes of his time. I'm extremely frustrated because now no one else can fit me in before Lone Star rally and in addition I don't have another $300 to spend on a dyno because I just spent $5k on everything. I have the TTS tuner in hand along with the software disc. There was no cable to hook up to laptop and bike. I asked him if it came with the TTS and he said no contact them It comes separate. Not sure if that's true or not but I don't even have the cable to hook up to my computer. Please don't say take it back to the guy and start complaining to him because I'm past that point and done with him. NOW hear is the giant question... I have no idea how this TTS works But I know a lot of you do your own adjustments from your laptop. Is there anybody in the Houston area that would be willing to be an awesome person and help someone out in a little bit of a bind! If you have this cable and the tuning knowledge could you help me adjust the settings on my bike so that it stops the decel and shifting popping Plus adjust for sputtering between 2000 and 2800 rpm at steady speed I would be greatly appreciative! I'm sure it's relatively simple if you know what you're doing but its rocket science to me. I can throw 50 bucks your way to cover any gas plus if you're single there's some money for a night out of drinking or if you have a family theres some money to take everybody to dinner. If anyone out there has extensive knowledge and wants to help me out I'm in the Clear Lake area 20 miles south of downtown Houston. I'm completely free until 7 p.m. on Friday evening (today) and also free Sunday after 4pm and all day Tuesday. Thanks!!

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 10-24-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:15 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by salty_rider
So I will try to make this as quick and painless as possible. I have a 2009 Street glide. I just took the bike in to my local performance shop / dyno guy (Won awards and everyone in Houston says he's the best). I put a 103Ci motor in the 96ci Motors place (high milage on the old 96), Screamin eagle air cleaner, D&D boss fat cat pipes, and the blue mastertune TTS (plus dyno). After everything was said and done I picked up the bike and he said everything is running perfect. I rode it around for a couple of days and found pretty severe decel pop and occasional popping between gears when shifting. Along with between around 2000 2800 rpms at steady throttle it will sputter. Basically the bike runs like crap. Great performance on wide open runs And 6th crusing but that's about it. Took it back to him and he said I would have to leave it with him again. The first time I left it with him I had to leave it for 3 weeks and I wasn't about to do that again. So I had him adjust it in person while I was there with his laptop and he told me to let him know if that's better or worse plus checked for exhaust or intake leaks and there weren't any. Rode around for 2 more days.. exactly the same. I've been playing phone tag with him for 3 weeks now and he tries to avoid my calls along with acting like he's extremely busy when he's not and could easily fix the mistake he made with 20 or 30 minutes of his time. I'm extremely frustrated because now no one else can fit me in before Lone Star rally and in addition I don't have another $300 to spend on a dyno because I just spent $5k on everything. I have the TTS tuner in hand along with the software disc. There was no cable to hook up to laptop and bike. I asked him if it came with the TTS and he said no contact them It comes separate. Not sure if that's true or not but I don't even have the cable to hook up to my computer. Please don't say take it back to the guy and start complaining to him because I'm past that point and done with him. NOW hear is the giant question... I have no idea how this TTS works But I know a lot of you do your own adjustments from your laptop. Is there anybody in the Houston area that would be willing to be an awesome person and help someone out in a little bit of a bind! If you have this cable and the tuning knowledge could you help me adjust the settings on my bike so that it stops the decel and shifting popping Plus adjust for sputtering between 2000 and 2800 rpm at steady speed I would be greatly appreciative! I'm sure it's relatively simple if you know what you're doing but its rocket science to me. I can throw 50 bucks your way to cover any gas plus if you're single there's some money for a night out of drinking or if you have a family theres some money to take everybody to dinner. If anyone out there has extensive knowledge and wants to help me out I'm in the Clear Lake area 20 miles south of downtown Houston. I'm completely free until 7 p.m. on Friday evening (today) and also free Sunday after 4pm and all day Tuesday. Thanks!!
sent you a PM as well. Your tuner is correct on the cable part. Cables don't come as a standard item with the TTS, they're purchased separately.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:11 PM
casper0410
Intermediate
Default O2 Sensors

Is it normal to see drastic differences in front and rear O2 Sensors while watching data master O2 data?

Old 10-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by casper0410
Is it normal to see drastic differences in front and rear O2 Sensors while watching data master O2 data?
Hate to put it this way but...

Yes and No

It all depends on what you are seeing as a drastic difference. Can you take a screen shot and post what you are seeing?

Old 10-25-2014, 11:57 PM
casper0410
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Hate to put it this way but...

Yes and No

It all depends on what you are seeing as a drastic difference. Can you take a screen shot and post what you are seeing?
I will tomorrow, doing this from my phone. They both seem to be "flashing" appropriately, like they are working but one may show 700 and the other 200 but they are also very close a lot of the time.
I've completed the vtune process and loaded the calibration into the bike with afr table and other settings returned to original...... During vtune riding i had a slight, decel pop. After returning settings to original it has increased, it is some time immediate (pop while shifting, but always is drawn out through the rpm range) Going to do another O2 data run and try to mark the occurring range better but it appears to be 2500-1700rpm and 25-35map. So.... The immediate pop would be decel table right? If so, the temperature in the table is it ambient? Engine or head temp? Then the drawn out pop would be afr related right? I understand changing the afr in the open loop 20 tame on the afr table. But how do you make the recommended 4-10% change in the closed loop range. Closed loop bias table, but i don't understand how to change the voltage and obtain the correct percentage change.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 269 Likes on 168 Posts

During vtune riding i had a slight, decel pop. After returning settings to original it has increased, it is some time immediate (pop while shifting, but always is drawn out through the rpm range) The immediate pop would be decel table right?
Yes.

If so, the temperature in the table is it ambient? Engine or head temp?
Engine, the head is a calculated value.

Then the drawn out pop would be afr related right? I understand changing the afr in the open loop 20 tame on the afr table. But how do you make the recommended 4-10% change in the closed loop range. Closed loop bias table, but i don't understand how to change the voltage and obtain the correct percentage change.
Yes it's afr related but when you reset the afr table to original you richened the 20 kpa column and it got worse. Rare but it happens so I would copy and paste the 30 into the 20 and then see what the drawn out pop is like. What is the kpa during the drawn out pop? I don't think you are 25-35 kpa.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information